SEVENTEEN

(CHAPTER 17 - TRUE NORTH)

🦢🗡

Henry was in the Dark Star Pharmacy by the comic books, flipping through one of them when a girl, who was roughly his age, approached him.

"Whatcha reading?" The girl asked.

"The Hulk versus Wolverine," Henry said.

"I'm Ava. I think I've seen you around school. You're in Miss Blanchard's class, right?" Ava asked.

Henry nodded as another boy close to their age walked up to Ava, "Almost ready, Ava?" He asked.

"This is my brother, Nicholas," Ava said.

"Hi. Come on, let's go," Nicholas said.

"You want to come hang out?" Ava asked.

"Sure!" Henry said.

The three go to leave the store but were stopped by the store clerk, Mr Clark, who was looking at Henry, "Where the hell do you think you're going? Open up your bag," Mr Clark said.

"What?" Henry said.

"Don't think I didn't see you rob me," Ava and Nicholas exchanges a glance, "Open your bag," Mr Clark said.

"I didn't take anything," Henry said.

Mr Clark took Henry's bag and looked through it, pulling out candy bars, "And a liar, too," Mr Clark said.

Henry turned to Ava, "That's why you were talking to me. So your brother could put that stuff in there," Henry said.

"Henry..." he turned back to Mr Clark, "I'm shocked," Mr Clark looked at Ava and Nicholas, "And you two, just who do you think you are?" Mr Clark said.

Flashback

In the forest, a man was hacking at a tree with an axe until he managed to topple it as a woman gathered flowers, when Hansel and Gretel appeared from behind another tree.

"Ah! A fine specimen. The wood it provides will keep our family's hearth for warm this winter," The woodcutter looked at the woman, "Are you really picking flowers, dear?" The woodcutter asked her.

The blonde smiled, "Yes, I am, father," She said.

"Can't I have an axe?" Gretel asked.

"Huh?" The woodcutter said as he looked at her confused.

"You did say you wanted me here so I could help," Gretel looked at her sister, "You heard him say that, didn't you Athena?" Gretel said.