Joseph's coat found!

Hi! So this is gonna be a pretty exciting fact for today, considering that it's about Jospeh.

Who's Joseph?

Well, you might not know who he was so let me share some info about him.

Jospeh was one of Jacob's 12 sons. His father loved him more than all the other sons and gave him a coloured cloak. His brothers were jealous of him and sold him into slavery. He was then taken to Egypt and eventually became a steward to Potiphar, one of Pharaoh's officials.

You probably seen a movie about him called Jospeh: King of Dreams, and if you do remember then this chapter is going to be about Jospeh's coat that his father gave him... well, they didn't exactly found the coat physically, but this is what they found.

What looks like multicolored marks on an old statue reveals that it was wrapped in a coat, and the colors and the pattern of that coat have stained the statue over time

How can this be Joseph's coat? It could belong to anyone

Easy for you to say, but according to the archeologists, they have found this in an Egyptian tomb that contained many rooms like courts and chambers. Only someone who's been buried in such luxury must have been very important, someone who was regarded as some high official. You probably don't know this but Jospeh became ruler over Egypt for some time, which brings the question; why was the coat only found in a tomb like that?

More to it, they even found 12 main graves with memorial chapels on them, and do you know what that means? It represents the 12 tribes of Israel!

Aside from the archeological find of the biblical coat of Jospeh, anyone can look into the life of Joseph in the Old Testament in the book of Genesis (37-50). It's pretty inspiring that after what his brothers have put him through, Joseph showed mercy and forgiveness towards his brothers at the end.

But a lot have happened after Joseph's brothers sold him to slavery. I recommend reading about it, starting off with an article here from GotQuestions.org that summarizes and explains the entire story of Jospeh. (The GotQuestion.org website is a very useful tool that gives biblical answers) You'll be surprised to see and learn how God was working through him.  Give it a read!

Who was Jospeh in the Old Testament?
link—> https://www.gotquestions.org/life-Joseph.html