•| chapter 26- lucky enough |•

HII! I'm genuinely so sorry for not updating in such a long time, especially for those who are extremely intrigued with this story.

I haven't quite been active on wattpad at all, however I've been more active on my tiktok account, so heads up if you want to follow me on tiktok : chenqingwwx

And Ive also been focused on my school stuffs too since this year is really important. So I hope you all understand. :)

This chapter will be short since I need to revise for an upcoming test! <33 I'm sorry. :((

——
Beep beep beep

The beeps would play every 1.5 seconds. The sounds were recognisable, Vincenzo sat in the white room of the hospital, tightly but gently grasping Luna's limp hand.

His fingers interlaced with hers, yet hers weren't interlocked with his. That was what made him weep in misery.

He didn't want it to end like this, he begged in his mind, he prayed it wouldn't end like this.

Ever since the incident, he had upgrade his bodyguards around Luna and the mansion. And practically around everyone he cares for.

He trained the guards and his men triple times as hard as before: longer hours, harder training, practicing more IT skills.

He needs more details of these people.

As he started blankly at the wall, a soft touch on his hand went unnoticed.

However, the low whimper confusingly snapped him out of his daze. "M-mnnm" a groan of pain sounded out.

Vincenzo turned, very fast, his head towards Luna, a huge sigh releasing from his mouth.

"Luna.." a soft twitch of a smile appeared on his face.

Luna tried to slowly blinked her eyes, trying to adjust her eyes to the bright lights.

"Oh god! Luna, your awake!" He grinned properly when she managed to open her eyes.

He stood up gently engulfing her into a soft hug, "I'm so glad, how do you feel?" He whispered, pressing soft kisses on her shoulder and cheek.

Luna stared blankly at the ceiling, not responding at all.

Vincenzo frowned, and paused. Moving himself from the hug, he observed her face, why. Why does she look like that..?

His mind clicked, " stay here, let me get the doctors-" he said rushingly, before running out the room.

He hit his head a few times, 'stupid Vincenzo. Of course she would stay there! She can't move at all yet!' He cursed himself, completely embarrassed.

He is so glad that his expressions are intangible.

"Doctor Barne!" He yelled, once he saw the doctor he assigned to Luna in the hall speaking to a nurse.

Dr.Barne looked up from the clipboard he was holding and moved his gaze to Vincenzo, "ah, excuse me." He said to the nurse and excused himself to go to Vincenzo.

"She's awake! Come now!" Vincenzo rushingly explained before Dr Barne could even say one word.

"O-oh!" His eyes widened, a small smile of relief showing, yet it disappeared as fast as it appeared, "that's great Mr Romano. Let's go right away, we shouldn't leave her alone for a stretched amount of time." He explained before retracting his gaze back to his clipboard, flipping pages then stopped once he found Luna's papers.

He started writing small details such as: what day is it and when she awoke and how long she is left alone since she woke up. And left it like that, so he can add more efficient details.

Opening the door to her room, they found her blankly staring at the window, face blank and flat.

"Luna, good afternoon. I came right away once Mr Romano here told me you have awoken!" He walked slowly, wearing his glasses, "so, could you please tell me how you feel?" He asked, looking at the Bp monitor, noting it down on Luna's page.

He wasn't surprised when she didn't answer him for a whole 5 minutes, considering the incident where she had gotten shot in her abdomen.

With a sigh he sat down on the small stool beside the bed, "alright, let's forget about you for a moment and focus on the baby."

With just that single word baby, Luna finally gave a reaction, snapping her head to Dr Barne.

"M..my baby, what's wrong with my baby!" Her voice managed to rasp out, despite the incredibly dry throat.

Vincenzo noticed this and made a quick move to get some water for her to drink.

"Your baby is surprisingly, fine. With the way he is positioned in your stomach, the shot managed to miss him luckily. However... the baby is incredibly weak. We need to keep you here longer  to  keep an eye on your healthy and the babies."
He explained softly and calmly.

Watching as Luna's eyes shone, a relieved smile broke out, tears dropped from her eyes. "I'm so..so glad.." she sobbed harder.

Vincenzo moved to her and handed her the water, rubbing her head slowly and gently.

"The babies alright.. it's okay.. I'll keep you safe." He promised, kissing her head.

Luna replied with a sobbed hum, bursting out in tears more.

She was so glad, so so glad.

-
THIS IS ALL, I wish I could write more but I have to revise now 😰😰 I'll see you next chapter !! :)) low-key running out of ideas 😭 so if any1 has a small plot they want in next chapter, request some ! :))