Chapter 19

"I barely know her and she has made me fall unconscious, stole from me, stole my car, gotten my sister in the hospital, my life is hell!" Noah shouted.

"You haven't even gone through the shit I've gone through so you're still second place buddy," I groaned as I held a paper towel to my bloody head.

While I wanted to take my nap on the counter Noah and Alec came in soaking wet from walking in the rain. Noah thought it would be fun to push me off the table, saying since I had fast reflexes to catch a rattlesnake I had the the reflex to catch myself before falling.

Yeah, well now my stitches reopened and I was hearing the flatline beeping but nobody else was.

"Doctor is coming, well his sons are. Now idiot brother do you have anything to say to Mia?" Meghan said as she stepped in the kitchen with my phone in hand.

"She started it,"

"No," I snapped.

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"Oh my god my head is pounding," I groaned as I clutched onto my pounding headache.

"Give her some painkillers," Alec said.

"We ran out the last time your buddies came," Meghan snapped.

The doorbell rang and Meghan ran to answer as Sam began to split my hair from where the stitches were.

"You aren't even putting the towel where it should be," Sam said as he took the towel from my hands and placed it on the other side of my head, making poor little me wince.

"Dad said there was some sort of accident," Edward, one of Ensminger's sons, said as he walked in with an emergency kit.

"Did you not learn anything the last time you had a concussion," Jessie, Ed's twin brother said as he walked in with a bottle of water and small orange container.

"Not my fault this time," I muttered.

"What did you do Michelson?" Edward questioned as he took the towel away and saw my bloody head.

"I didn't do anything. For once," Sam mumbled as he took a step back.

"Well good news is that it wasn't all the stitches that reopened," Edward began observing my head with his latex gloves.

"Bad news?" Alec asked.

"The concussion is worse and if Mia doesn't take care of herself the effects are going to be permanent," Jessie said as he handed me a pill and the water. "Strong painkillers don't take more than two a day, she's not even listening. Michelson you're in charge of giving the medication and making sure she rests. A lot. She's already on the brink of passing out. How many hours has she slept today?"

"Michelson?" Ed said.

"What's that? I'm coming Sarah!" That was all of Sam as he ran out of the room, not wanting to face the fury of the older twins.

"Girl how long has Mia slept?" Jessie questions Meghan.

"I don't know," Megan admitted as her cheeks turned a slight color of red.

"Do any of you two know?"

"She hasn't slept at all. We were at the hospital last night and she hasn't closed her eyes at all," Noah answered.

"Are you stupid Mia?!"

"I didn't want to miss any updates from your dad about Arianna so I stayed awake. I didn't have such a serious concussion then," I said as I felt the pill kick in.