Chapter 25

"Can I leave now? I'm only here to tell you the location of the cops and nothing but that," I say as I rub my temples with my handcuffed hands. "And why the hell do I have handcuffs? I'm not a criminal!"

"Well considering this considering the video we saw of you, I'm pretty sure you're as violent as a criminal," Cesar, the cop from dinner said as he sat across from me.

"Oh my god, thanks for the compliment. It really means a lot to me you watch my videos. Especially my fighting ones. Did you see the one where I had the the two hundred pound guy in a death grip and he ended up in a hospital? All because he insulted Adam," I sarcastically reply as I roll my eyes at the four cops in front of me.

"You aren't leaving this room until our men find something," Austin declares and I let out a groan.

"Well I gotta pick up three kids in the elementary school and then another one at the high school at three thirty. So in ten minutes. If you want one of you can come with me," I reply as I look at the watch on my wrist since any other item was taken away from me, including my phone.

"You aren't allowed to drive. Your license is suspended," Emilio pointed out as I stared at the container with all my items.

"And you guys are The Pier but that doesn't stop you from coming over here," I snort as I manage to grab the charm bracelet Xander bought me and take off the little sword that was one of the charms and stick it in the keyhole. With a few turns I take the cuffs on and hand them to Emilio with a smile.

"Which one of you is taking me to the schools?" I question as I rub my irritated skin that was in dire need of some lotion.

"I don't believe you could be the nanny of a couple of kids when your record is dirty," Austin said as he narrowed his eyes at me while I take all of my belongings.

"Well this nanny doesn't have a record like you did when you were a kid Officer Austin. You started stealing at age eight and here you are apart of the corrupted police force of Pier. Plus I'm the only one that can tame the little animals those kids are. They remind me of me when I was younger,"

"You were charged with alcohol possession, DUI, evading arrest, kidnapping, battery, assault, the list goes on," Emilio shrugs as my lips turn into a frown.

"Those are just words that all have a reason to why they happened. And you aren't so clean yourself Emilio. Let's not forget you knew me way before you became a cop. Way before that and a little too well," I said with a sly smile as I text Jones to come to one of the interrogation rooms to get me out.

"That person is dead," He growled out as he gets up from his seated position, Austin and Cesar staring back and forth between us.

"You didn't even say goodbye. How the hell do you think your father took it? Victor, Ashton, especially Ashton, and Adam were crushed that you left. How does it feel to know tha-"

"You know danm well that me leaving didn't send you to the hospital," Emilio snapped as he stood in front of me, a dangerous look crossing his face.

"You know when you left that wedding the bride and her family blamed me. Me for you ditching the bride. I was the last one to talk to you and I had the worst of luck. Your father did too. He was in a co-" I was rudely cut off and my anger was being fueled even more.

"He is not my father. That bastard is dead to me and I frankly don't care if he dies."

"Emilio don't let her get to you," Austin said as he restrained Emilio from laying a hand on me, though I doubt he would. But no one was restraining me so I went in for the kill.