Chapter 6

The doorbell rang and I rushed to get it.

"Quite surprised you called Mia and asked I come here." Mr. Robinson said as I gave him a hug.

"I work here now." I said as I closed the door and led him to the living room.

"What did you want to discuss?" He said looking at Meghan who looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here.

"Meghan here has some problems concentrating in school."

He nodded, "I've heard the teachers talk."

"Well I want to help get her grades up. I say I can homeschool her and have the teachers send me what she needs to learn. When the grades are up she can go back to school and continue her life as a teenager."

"You want to teach her?" Mr.Robinson said with a confused face.

"Yes."

"I don't know Mia. You have excellent grades and will graduate as a valedictorian but no one has ever done this before. Just a study partner but not go out there way and personally work with them. It's risky especially in your situation."

"What situation?" Meghan piped up as she sat up.

"A situation you don't need to know. Mr.Robinson you know me, I will personally work my ass off to get Meghan's grades up. It won't affect my grades and I'm sure the teachers she has will personally love the idea."

"This is putting your grades in danger Mia. You have straight A's now But when you begin to teach her you'll forget the things you've learned all this year and just relearn the things from sophomore year."

"It's not that big of a risk! She's struggling and I want to help. You want everyone at Buena Vista to do their best. Well I can do my best by helping her. I can do both things. I won't forget what I'm learning now. Please Mr.Robinson?" I begged.

He still looked unsure, "The teachers she has need to agree to this before I can allow it."

I gave out a big grin, "They'll agree."

"But I do not want your grades to drop along with the GPA. If it drops you are no longer going to teach Meghan. Am I clear?"

I nodded and Meghan just rolled her eyes.

"Very well then. And you young lady be grateful you're getting a second chance at sophomore year without being held back and be with the freshman of this year."

Meghan gave some sort of a nod and I walked Mr.Robinson out.

"You know I could never tell you no Mia. Trish and Braden would have my head." Mr.Robinson said smiling.

"I know uncle Nate, but I called anyways just to see if you'd put up a fight." I smiled.

Trish and Braden are Alisons, Jonathans, and Kellys parents. Nathan is there uncle and I'm basically like the lost daughter.

"If you do this you will have all your credits to graduate early Mia. Early as in December. If you'd like I can get Melinda to talk to you about possible colleges to go to. She is asking about you and the colleges you could go to."

I shook my head, "I'll stay and graduate with Adam. And I know Aunt Trish is talking to the art colleges about me. So I might already be enrolled and not know it." I laughed.

"I've heard. Well I must be going as I have a meeting with the superintendent. Talk to the teachers tomorrow and you'll be set. She won't be going to school any more until grades are up." He said and I nodded.

"Have a good day Ms.Stone." Uncle Nate said in a formal tone.

I rolled my eyes but followed along, "Same to you Mr.Robinson."