Chapter: 12

Selected choice: -:Dario:-

--------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't want to burden him with my little bastard and I. . .

''That is a very nice offer'' I started to say before my dog started to quietly growl again, Seeming very displeased with my gratitude.

Dario chuckled quietly at that.

''Still working on domesticating him hmm?'' He chuckled out, Making me give him a tired smile as the hound let out an offended sounding bark.

''Trying. . .Very much failing'' I sighed out, Getting a single laugh from the darker skinned man next to me.

''Maybe I could help you a bit, My grandfather and I used to raise hounds when I was younger'' Dario offered, A small, Almost fond smile on his face as he spoke.

Aww, That's sweet. . .

The genuine kindness of his offer and the expression on his face had me caving in.

''That'd be really nice of you. . .But you don't have to if you don't want to-'' I started to say before Dario waved his hand dismissively, Cutting me off.

''I want to, Besides, It'd be good for you to have someone around to protect you at all times'' He reasoned, Which. . .Was fair.

Shame my dog seems way more interested in hurting me than he is in helping me any.

Speaking of said dog, He had been awfully quiet for a while, Making me suspicious.

Glancing back, I was greeted by the hound's muzzle mere inches from my neck, It's eyes narrowed in a semblance of a glare.

Well aren't you a rude little pupper. . .

Narrowing my eyes, I started trying to stare down the canine.

This is not a good idea. But I'll be damned if I let him win.

''We're here'' Dario announced, Drawing me away from my staring contest with my dog.

Which. . .Was a pretty foolish thing for me to do in the first place. . .

Glancing out the windshield, I was greeted with the sight of a single story ranch house with gardens on either side and herbs barely visible, Drying in the windows.

Cozy. . .

Warm, Golden light was streaming out through the windows, Giving the house a 'Boat on an ocean' sorta feel.

''Looks like Elena stayed over to make sure I made it home okay again'' Dario commented quietly as we both got out of the car, Him staying near the front of the car while I went to let my hound out.

''Elena?'' I started to question before letting out a startled grunt as I was knocked over by my very own 'Protector'.

''Woah woah, That's enough buddy'' Dario called out scoldingly, Grabbing onto my dog's makeshift collar and leash as soon as he reached me, Tugging the hound off of and away from me.

That action nearly got him bit as my dog snarled and snapped at his hand, His sharp teeth flashing in the dim light of the moon.

My heart jumped into my throat at that.

''Dario! Are you okay?'' I questioned worriedly as soon as I got to my feet, Hurrying to his side to check him over.

We haven't even been at his place for a minute and my dog's already trying to kill one of my only friends.

He waved off my concern, Adjusting his hold on the 'collar' to keep my hound further out of biting range when I approached, Calm and collected.

''I'm alright, He keeps missing, You might want to stand back a bit though just incase.'' Dario warned. . .Which. . .Was very reasonable.

The other man's calm demeanor and assured attitude helped sooth my nerves despite my snapping, Snarling hound.

A small, Nervous laugh left me, Earning me a somewhat sympathetic smile from the other man.

''C'mon, It's rather late and both of us have had a long day, Why don't we head in'' Dario murmured, Ushering me to the door all the while dragging my thrashing, Snarling, Giant dog along beside him.

''Thank you again by the way, You didn't have to go out of your way to do any of this. . .'' I murmured, So very grateful for all he's done all of this just out of the kindness of his heart.

My words earned me yet another small smile.

''You're new in town. . .You didn't come with any family and or friends. . .Figured you could use someone to look out for you. . .Sucks when you're alone in a large place'' He murmured back, His words nearly bringing tears to my eyes.

The sweet moment was promptly ruined by a loud snarl.

''On that note, I'm going to stick your furry little friend away in a crate we've got in the garage, I'll shout at Elena and let her know you're staying over'' He informed me, Dragging my snarling and protesting dog along with him.

Honestly, It was an impressive feat considering how large my hound was.

''Elena, I've got a guest with me- No I don't mean the dog, Hey no, I wouldn't try and touch him'' I heard Dario say from the kitchen, The voice of the woman in there with him was far too quiet for me to make out words.

Cautiously, I followed Dario into the kitchen, Greeted with the sight of an honestly stunning woman with her hands on her hips as she stared down at my suddenly very quiet and meet hound.

She was darker skinned with an even darker birth mark below one of her eyes, Just like Dario. . .The family resemblance was stunning.

Her hair was braided back in a way that made it look like some sort of complexly veil, Colorful beads mixed in where her braids crossed each other.

I had been staring. . .And I became distinctly aware of that fact when her keen dark brown eyes locked onto me.

Her eyes that held such a keen attention.

I felt like she could see everything about me, My past, My future. . .As if her gaze were boring into me, Looking for something.

My breath got stuck in my throat. . .Not in the same way as it had with her brother.

She's. . .Intimidating. . .

While I was frozen in. . .Fear? Dario had continued to drag the hound out to the garage, Leaving me alone with his sister.

''Blaze, Correct?'' She questioned, Her voice so very quiet but attention drawing.

I shakily nodded, Feeling like my voice had just completely failed on me.

My response must have been good enough if the small smile on her face was anything to go by.

''Come, Sit and eat'' She. . .Well, Ordered, Moving over to the stove to dish some sort of soup up as she spoke.

Swallowing nervously, I opened my mouth to speak before I was abruptly handed a bowl of some sort of green-ish brown looking soup.

------------------------------------------------------------

:) Choices choices. . .

-:Eat:-

-:Do not.:-

Well. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen