Chapter: 6

Selected choice: -:Go with them:-

Hmmm

----------------------------------------

Seeing the excited smile and gleam in the brown eyed man's eyes, I couldn't help but smile back.

''Sure, If my presence isn't so much of a bother'' I chuckled out, Getting a few excited bounces from Faer.

''Yes!! C'mon, We can exchange phone numbers so I can text you where to go'' Faer explained as his 'partner' got steadily redder in the face.

The other man let out an annoyed snarl like sound before storming out of the room without another word.

''Uh. . .Is he going to be okay?'' I asked quietly as Faer scribbled something down on a piece of paper.

''Huh? Him? Oh he'll be alright, He just gets pissed very easily'' Faer explained calmly before handing me his number.

''Here ya go, We're going to check out the coast line first if you want to meet us there, We're starting at the sleeping bird's roost'' Faer explained, A small grin on his face.

Sleeping bird's roost? Oh gosh! It's been forever since I've seen that coast!

''If you want, I can text you directions to the roost'' Faer offered so very kindly, Drawing me from my fond thoughts about the sandy, Rocky coast that was popular as nesting grounds for the many sea birds around here.

''Oh no need! I still remember where the only 'safe' entrance is'' I explained, Putting air quotes around the word 'safe' as I spoke.

Faer gave me a look that was a mix between concerned and relieved upon seeing my air quotes.

''O-Oh. . .That safe entrance wouldn't happen to be the one off of county road ten would it?'' He questioned, His voice wobbling ever so slightly as he spoke.

I gave him a gentle smile, Understanding his weariness.

''Yeah, That'd be the one, Despite being the safer option, Last I remember the trail down to the coast was still very. . .Overgrown and easy to trip on. . .Lots of rocks hidden in the overgrowth'' I explained, Watching as the other man resigned himself to what was to come.

A heavy sigh left the other man before he slowly nodded.

''Yeah that adds up. . .Well! Whenever you feel like it-'' Faer started to say before being abruptly cut off by a shout from outside.

''FAER! HURRY YOUR DAMN ASS UP! C'MON!'' His partner screamed at seemingly the top of his lungs. . .No doubt waking some of the other people just trying to get some sleep in the rooms around us.

''Here, I'll return both of our keys to the front desk, Good luck with your partner'' I murmured, Tacking upon the last part at the resigned look upon the other man's face when he handed me his room key.

''Thanks man, I'm probably going to need it'' He sighed out before heading down to wherever his partner was.

Shaking my head, I did one last 'once over' of the room before stepping out and locking the door behind me.

The door leading to what was supposed to be my room was firmly closed now.

Yeah well. . .It can damn well stay closed. I'm not going back in there.

 Turning on my heel, I made my way down the metal stairs and back to the very cracked asphalt parking lot.

The pool of 'dark liquid' from last night was still there. . .But now flies buzzed around the dried . . .Well, Blood. It was clearly some sort of blood.

It didn't look. . .Quite human, But it was clearly blood.

Maybe. . .Maybe the rats got a racoon or something. . .

I doubted it. . .

Making my way into the little office like building, I was met with the sight of the pale and odd man who seemingly ran this place.

Poor guy still looks so tired. . .

''Oh, It's you'' The man murmured quietly, Seeming a bit surprised by me re-appearing.

''Hello! Just here to return the keys'' I explained, About to explain to the man why exactly I now had two keys before he spoke again, A happy smile on his face as he tilted his head slightly.

''Oh, Thank you, Glad you and Faer got along last night'' The man murmured, Confusing me so very much.

What??

The man blinked slowly before his smile became a tiny bit robotic looking.

''Have a lovely day'' He continued, His gaze a bit. . .Unfocused as he spoke.

''How did you-'' I started to question before pausing as the man stared at me.

What was it that I wanted to know again?

I. . .Couldn't quite remember.

''I think your friends are ready to leave'' The man murmured, His slightly sunken grey eyes watching me with a slight sadness.

Were his eyes always grey? . . .Of course they were! Rather pretty color!

For some reason, A small choked sound left the long haired man, Some rather pretty color returning to his unhealthily pale skin as he looked anywhere but near me.

''Do be careful out there Callum'' The man murmured before turning on his heel and returning to the back area of the office before I could speak.

. . .Odd folk here. . .Must have known him when I was growing up. . .Only explanation I can think of

Shaking my head, I headed back out to my car, My ears buzzing ever so slightly.

''Hey Callum!'' I heard a now familiar voice call out to me, Drawing my attention to Faer and his very annoyed partner.

Said duo were making their way rapidly over to me, The upbeat man's demeanor a bit more forced than earlier.

''Hey, Look I know I invited you along with us but uh, I don't think that's such a good idea anymore, Our bosses called us and told us there's an outbreak of. . .'' Faer started to nervously explain before glancing back at his partner.

''Avian flu. Outbreak of it in the seagulls.'' His partner added in, His eyes watching me intently as he spoke.

''Oh my, That's terrible!'' I whispered, Horrified that such a thing was happening here and now.

Faer nodded slightly, Nervously fiddling with his sweater.

''Yeah yeah, You know how it is, Hits the birds, Then the pets than just hops from person to person! So we're uh, You know, Uh. . .Dealing with it'' Faer continued, Floundering around a bit with his words.

Odd. . .

''Well. . .Thank you for the warning. . .I'll pass it on to what neighbors have birds'' I murmured, A bit suspicious.

''No! No no don't do that. . .I mean, We don't want to cause a panic do we?'' Faer instantly protested before his partner slowly started to drag him away.

''Just go home.'' Faer's partner snapped back at me, His actions urgent but his tone stern.

Frowning slightly, I sat down in my car, My mind mulling over this as I watched them careen out of the parking lot at a rapid speed.

So odd. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------

Choices:

-:Sleeping bird's roost:-

-:Home:-

-: * :-

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen