Chapter: 5

Selected choice: -:Go home:-

Here we go >:)

--------------------------------------------------

Sighing, I put my book away with the others I had bought.

Reluctant to leave the cozy, Safe shop to head out into the swiftly approaching, Clearly dangerous storm.

It'd be rude to keep Rory here though, He probably has to get home before the storm. . .

''Yeah, I probably should. . .There are a lot of roads that look like they might flood if it rains too much'' I explained, Feeling a bit guilty for leaving the upbeat and friendly man behind to deal with the storm alone.

The sharp toothed man gave me an understanding smile, His eyes softening slightly at my reluctance.

 ''Drive carefully alright?'' Rory requested, Making me smile slightly at the clear care in his voice.

''I'll try my best'' I called back, Earning an amused smile from him as the glass door swung shut behind me.

I waved bye to him through the door before heading towards my car, The stormy sky above letting out a loud and angry rumble that shook me to my bones.

Jesus that was loud. . .

Not wanting to get smote by the so called lord for that bit of blasphemy, I hurried into my car, Shutting the door and locking it as the sky loosed another boom, Lightning flashing brightly across the sky.

Well. . .So much for this town being a peaceful, Boring place. . .

Carefully, I pulled out onto the road and started to make my way home, The clouds forming above getting darker and darker with each passing second.

This is going to be a bad one isn't it. . .

--- Time skip ---

I was halfway home when the sky opened up, Releasing sheets of rain onto the poor, Unsuspecting world below.

The gravel road became rather slippery under my tires, Nearly causing me to swerve off of the road more than once.

Finally though, After many near misses, I pulled into my long, Packed dirt driveway.

The fuck ton of trees provided a bit of cover for me, Stopping some of the of the downpour, Allowing me to see a bit further than I could out on the road.

Probably shouldn't have been driving in this weather since I couldn't see. . .

Sighing, I reluctantly got out of my car and into the pouring rain, Almost instantly getting soaked.

At least the heat should be on now in my house. . .

Quickly, I rushed up onto the covered porch, Hurrying to get inside.

I was in such a rush, I almost tripped over a large dark colored being that was huddled in front of the door, Shivering faintly.

 ''Holy- . . .Wait. . .Oh it's you'' I whispered, My voice shifting from shock to relief as the giant beast raised it's head, It's golden eyes staring right into my soul.

It was the dog from before.

Crouching down, I held out my hand for the soaked dog to sniff.

''What're you doing out in this weather little- Big guy?'' I questioned, Gently scratching the hound behind it's ears as I spoke, Moving slowly so as to not spook it.