003.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝗌𝗈! 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒, 𝗁𝗎𝗁? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏𝐎𝐍 chris' lips as that sentence alone was said out loud by the math teacher. for an entire week, chris has refused the idea of being tutored, not even his mother convincing him worked on him. it's not that he's embarrassed of having to be taught more outside of school, it's just that at his big age, he'd rather be doing other things after school like taking a nap or go places with his brothers.

and to have the tutor be the new girl he doesn't even know? how great.

yes, he chose her to be his partner for the english project but merely because she's the only girl who doesn't know anything about him and his 'bad reputation' when it comes to girls. those who approached him earlier, in hopes that one of them would be chosen to be his partner, were only there because it's him and that his popularity would also mean them getting noticed by other 'popular' teenagers.

i don't understand what the big deal is with popularity. after high school, we're all just a bunch of nothings, chris would always say to himself.

"mr. tucker, i don't need a tutor," chris tells the teacher, trying not to sound disrespectful.

"you're barely passing the class, chris, and it's only october. if you can't improve your mark by mid-semester, you'll be leaving me with no choice but to transfer you to a math class lower than pre-calculus."

bianca stays silent while he listens to the discussions between the boy and the teacher. if she knew who the person she would be tutoring beforehand, she would've thought of her decision more carefully. chris sighs with a deep frown, knowing he has no choice but to just go with it. he lowly mumbles a 'fine' before walking out of the classroom. bianca gives mr. tucker a tight-lipped, apologetic smile before leaving the room as well, following behind the upset boy.

"uh, chris, wait. . ." chris sighs, turning around to be face to face with the girl, raising his eyebrows to wordlessly tell her that he's waiting for her to continue speaking.

"look, i'm not happy about tutoring you either, but i have to. just, please, cooperate for the sake of your grade." bianca's eyes looks at his with hope, searching for it in his too. chris sighs, "yeah, whatever." she gives him a slight smile, knowing that it's the most she's going to get out of him.

"great, um, we can start today after school at four?" chris gives her a firm nod, not saying anything and just wants to leave to get to his next class, to which he is already late to. bianca grabs a black pen from her bag quickly, searching for something to write her address in. when she couldn't find any, she grabs chris' wrist and writes it on his palm. without saying a word, chris takes his wrist from her hold after she was done writing, turning around to continue walking down the empty corridor like he was doing earlier.

bianca sighs, already dreading something that hasn't even begun. she too turns around and walks the opposite direction to her last class.