027.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝗂𝗍 𝗌𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝖺 𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾 𝗃𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌. ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Chris Sturniolo

I sit in the same booth of the diner I was at a few days ago, completely bored out of my mind. My hand reaches over to the glass cup filled with Pepsi beside me, feeling the condensation at my fingertips. My morning was quiet at first. I was reading one of the books Bianca had given me when we went to that one book shop at the city square-I'm not much of a reader, but one night, I had nothing to do. So, my last resort was that novel sitting on top of my nightstand. Romance was never really my preferred genre in books, but this one was not so bad. The Notebook is more melancholic if anything.

My late morning was interrupted when I got a text from a devil who goes by the name Amyra. I have not heard from her since the first time she told me to meet her here; I've done one hell of a good job avoiding her at school. It was not as difficult as I thought because I do not have a single class with her this semester, and I would like to keep it that way.

It has been five minutes since I arrived and she is nowhere to be found. I look around the busy diner-seniors are taking frequent sips of their coffee or getting refills whilst reading the morning paper, kids are messily eating their chocolate pancakes with whipped cream on top, parents are having a chat amongst themselves at the same time they are eating their meals, a few teenagers my age are sitting alone with their noses stuck in their textbooks.

Bored out of my mind, I let out a sigh as I slip off from the booth seat, only to be stopped by Amyra with a sly smile on her face. She sits across from me, her short hair tucked behind her ears and her hands clasped in front of her and rested on top of the table.

"Nice of you to finally show up," I scoff.

She rolls her eyes. "Calm down. I'm only five minutes late."

"Speed it up. I have better things to do than sit here and listen to you talk." I take another sip of my drink, my eyes wandering around the diner instead of looking into Amyra's wicked eyes. Looking into them is what sucks me into her manipulation, and it is too early to be dealing with that.

"God, you're cranky in the morning," she mutters, drinking her cup of Sprite that she made me order for her. If I knew she would be late to the meet-up she initiated, I wouldn't have saved her a drink.

"So, have you thought about what you're going to do?" Amyra glances back at me, her chin resting on the palm of her hand with a sinister smile.

I have not even thought about the ultimatum she gave me until now. To be honest, I still don't have a clue of what to do. Sure, telling the truth is the easiest route to go to, but there is a price to pay. What happened between Kendall and I is buried twenty feet underground as we both agreed to never speak of it again, despite her always giving me the cold shoulder which I don't blame her for.

"I need more than a month," I say truthfully.

Things have been going quite well between Bianca and I that suddenly revealing that I'm being blackmailed by my ex-girlfriend will just ruin the foundation we both have spent weeks building slowly. All I want is for Bianca to maneuver through this school year smoothly-I have pulled her into such a mess already that the least I could do is not ruin her life even more.