009.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎
𝗈𝗐𝖾 𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾. ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

          IT WAS A PEACEFUL NIGHT for bianca; reading her book, drinking her herbal tea, putting her hair up and away from her face, lighting a vanilla scented candle, listening to harry styles' music, being serene just for one night. lately, with this method acting she's doing with chris, she does not get the chance to truly be alone and be herself. all day every day, she's out pretending to be the girl that all of somerville high is envious of, them completely clueless and being fooled.

they are all falling for this ridiculous duplicity.

at times when bianca feels too many eyes are set on her, all she wanted to do was scream that everything is a lie, that she's being used, that this is all just an act but she can't. if she were to expose this fabrication, not only does chris go down, but she does too.

bianca groans, not getting a full break from thinking about this situation she got herself into. she folds the top right corner of the page she stopped reading from, placing it flat on her clothed stomach before leaning away from the headboard of her bed to rest her body on the soft mattress with her arm over her eyes.

TAP!

the girl lifts her arm from her face, hearing that small, faint noise. she sits up, her eyes scanning around the room as she tries to wait for the noise to come again.

TAP!
TAP!

the repetitive sound is coming from her bay window just across from the left side of her bed. with it being dark out and only the sound of crickets could be heard outside, she is not sure if she should even be approaching her window to see who it is. nevertheless, she walks warily towards the window as the sound of what she assumes are pebbles, continues.

outside her window is a huge tree that still stands after centuries, as well as a tree house that her, kendall and natasha made when the cousins were still little. this spot is a really great way to sneak out, and bianca makes sure to take a mental note on that.

she pulls up the lever of the window to unlock it, opening it to see who could be disturbing her at this hour.

oh.

it's chris.

great.

"what in god's name are you doing here? it's freezing outside!" bianca whisper yells, loud enough for him to hear.

"can i come up?" his voice hushed and he looks antsy to come up and talk.

"no," she tells him sternly.

"please? i need to talk to you."

bianca doesn't answer for a moment until she lets out a defeated sigh, opening the window wider for him to enter through. "fine." chris doesn't even hesitate to climb on the ladder of the treehouse, walking on a flat, wooden platform that leads to bianca's room, where the girl is impatiently waiting for him with a bored look on his face.

"what are you doing here, chris?"

the boy in his blue plaid-patterned pajama pants, plain white t-shirt, beaten up white air forces and tousled chestnut-colored hair fiddle with his fingers as he looks at bianca blankly. the girl sitting on the edge of her bed with her legs crossed over the other is growing impatient by the second. she notices the goosebumps on chris's arms from the frigid air biting his exposed skin. she turns her body a fraction to grab her baby pink blanket, throwing it at chris who is caught off guard but takes it regardless.