007.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗀, 𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗇'𝗍 𝗂? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

chris sturniolo

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐙𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃, three times, to get my attention and tell me she wanted to leave without having to actually tell me. for all of twenty minutes, we both just sat in our seats, talking to my brothers and river, while i held her hand under the table. to me, it felt natural, holding her hand. i was hesitant to grab it but seeing how overwhelmed she was, my hand suddenly gained a mind of its own and took hers. from the way her eyes would blink constantly, her skin-picking suddenly getting more aggressive, and her quietness becoming the most deafening noise i have ever heard, i figure i could've at least done something to help her ease up.

i turn to look at her and her eyes are filled with more anxiety than before, her breathing is more heavy and i know her thoughts are more jumbled. my idiot of brothers have not stopped asking her questions about 'us' and herself, clearly not getting the hint that she isn't as comfortable as they think she is. for fucks sake, the girl is talking as quiet as a mouse and won't stop picking at her skin even with my hand on hers.

"how did this idiot ask you out?" nick asks, leaned forward in his seat with curiosity in his eyes. i try my best not to roll my eyes and i'm not more interested to know what bianca would say. she isn't the best at lying, so to see how this would go is pure entertainment for me. staring at her, i noticed her swallow harshly, opening her mouth then closing it, no words seeming to form but everyone else at the table is anticipating some story.

i gave her a gentle squeeze, causing her eyes to divert from her lap and lock with my mine. with a subtle nod, i take it as a sign that she now wants to leave more than ever. i stand up, intertwining our fingers while she mirrors my actions. "we're leaving," i interrupt the conversation, not giving an explanation why. a chorus of complaints break out at our table, making me roll my eyes but nevertheless, i pay them no mind.

"chris! we just met her, what the fuck!"

"you can leave, but she stays."

"you're such a stingy fuck."

she's my girlfriend, not yours but okay.

pretend girlfriend, jesus fuck.

i drag bianca away from the crowd, her free hand wrapping around my bicep, and i could've sworn i melted under her touch just a fraction. though, i showed no emotion. she remained quiet, her head hung low and her grip on my hand tighter than before because of many sets of eyes follow our figures as we exit the cafeteria. my glare at every single table don't seem to fucking work because even with the most stern look i got, their eyes were set on mostly bianca.

i push the door open, letting her exit through first. i drop her hand now that we're out of sight, putting them back in my pockets whilst i notice bianca's hand twitch at the sudden loss of contact. "are you okay?" i mutter, not sure what to really say or do. i've never comforted people before nor do i seem to care but curiosity just took over me and those three words just spilled out. bianca closes her eyes momentarily before opening them again, still avoiding eye contact with me.

"m'fine," she mumbles, "you can go back inside."

i sigh, holding back from rolling my eyes, "you're not 'fine,' just tell me what's wrong."