024.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗐𝖾 𝖽𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

- The night before

CHRIS GLARES AT THE SILHOUETTE sitting in the corner, his jaw clenched whilst fire ignites inside of him. He sits down across from the person with his legs spread apart and back leaned against the booth seat, his eyes narrowing in anger. The air is tense, and he is barely able to keep his emotions in check. He then leans forward, his hands clenching into fists on the table. Eyes with the same hue as honey look back at him with a sinister smirk, as if they were enjoying Chris's discomfort. Chris's jaw is set, and he takes a deep breath to steady himself. The silence between them is deafening, and it is clear that the discussion that is bound to unfold at any second will ruin everything that has been good.

"What do you want?" He grumbles, his voice laced with much ire. If he were to be forthright, he would rather be sitting on an off-white couch with Bianca's head rested comfortably on his lap, and pretend he is interested in the show that is running in the background.

"Jesus, you seem tense. Relax, will you?"

"Fuck this." Chris scoffs, about to exit from the conversation when he is stopped.

"I wouldn't leave if I were you."

Chris chuckles dryly, not a string of emotion presents behind his eyes. "I don't care."

"Fine. I guess you'll be okay with your so-called girlfriend being labeled as a cheater?" Bingo.

The boy halts, knuckles turning white as his grip on the edge of the wooden table tightens. Letting an aggravated sigh, Chris sits back down; wrath running through hos veins. He does not care if rumors of him being a dastardly person were to spread around the school, howbeit it is a different story if the reputation of someone he grew to care about is being brought to naught.

"Okay, wow. All I had to do was bring up Bianca for you to stop and listen... I'm going to make a note of that for next time."

Chris rolls his eyes, dreading every second wasted sitting there whilst waiting impatiently for the reason why he drove all the way to the diner almost twenty miles past the speed limit.

"Why am I here, Amyra?"

His voice is stern, cold, and laced with every emotion he had buried six-feet under from the moment she left him broken and blue. To him, her name is venomous.

The raven-haired girl flashes a sinister grin, her chin rested in the palm of her hand. "I'm so glad you asked-"

"Get to the point," Chris interjects, itching to leave.

"End it with Bianca."

Chris stares blankly at Amyra, fighting for his life not to burst into hilarity at her face. He scoffs, his head turning to the side to gaze outside the window from a distance. "I came all the way here for that? A simple text saying just that would've been fine, Amyra."

Amyra does not do anything but maintain the same smirk on her face. "I know your relationship with her isn't real."

The boy tenses at Amyra's divulgence; however, he does not project his reaction as this could be a trick that leads to a confession, and confirm her assumption. Amyra rolls her eyes whilst trying to read Chris, and she still seems to know him well enough to see that he does not believe her at all.