022.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝗂'𝗅𝗅 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗒. ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

BIANCA JOLTS AWAKE from the abrupt feeling of congestion in her nose. She turns her head to glance at the black digital clock placed atop her nightstand, reading the time to be 3:29am. Shivers run down her spine whilst already being engulfed in two layers of blanket. Bianca had walked home in the pouring rain after she grew tired of a conversation after school. Hair, backpack, socks, everything was drenched. The goosebumps and endless shivers were no help as she marched down the familiar path towards her house either. She even got scolded at by Natasha from the moment she heard the squeak of Bianca's shoes step onto the wooden floor at the main foyer, but the teenage girl did not care. She had too much in her mind to worry about some rain.

Bianca groans as she feels her forehead, refusing to believe she had caught a fever from the prolonged exposure in the rain. Warmth contacts with the palm of her hand the second she placed it on her forehead, shutting her eyes tightly whilst groaning once more. She loathes getting sick because she cannot sleep well with her nose congested with much mucus, her body will feel ten times heavier due to her lethargic state, her coughs will be dry-the kind that you feel heavily in your chest as if you just coughed a lung-and a headache will accompany her all day long.

Though, there is a bright side to every situation, correct? She can stay home, and that brings a slight grin to her face. Howbeit, it falters when the events from yesterday late afternoon flashes in her mind. She feels like an imbecile for almost giving in to her temptation. The entire time they were both standing in the rain, the voice in the back of Bianca's mind was yelling Conrad's name to bring her back to reality.

See, she has not spoken to Conrad ever since he wanted to mend things with her the morning after. He has not sent a text message, a call, or even paid a visit. Though, the girl does not blame him. She was a Judas to him, and lied to him about where she was. To make matters worse, she has yet to break the truth about what happened at the party she was at after the football game. Her first kiss with Chris. The kiss that drowned her heart with mixed emotions, and made her question where she stands with both of the boys. Hell, she does not even where her relationship stands with Conrad at all anymore.

Tiredly, Bianca leaves her warm bed whilst grabbing her baby pink blanket to wrap around her frame so she could sit by the bay window. The singing cricket accompanied her as she stares adoringly but exhaustedly at the decorated navy blue sky; millions of stars that look like diamonds, and the half crescent moon whilst the town sleeps soundly. This exact moment brings her back to when she was an adolescent, waiting for her mother to come home because she was too scared to sleep alone.

Her eyes divert to her reflection on the window when the light from the moon shines on a silver chain on her neck. Clasping the cross pendant, she's taken by surprise from the cold sensation that has lingered on the jewelry. It just occurred to her that she never took it off nor did she return it to Chris after the game. She didn't even realize she was wearing his necklace, and only his. Usually, she would wear so many other ones that are towered over one another but no. . . She has been wearing his without even noticing. How is it possible for her to not realize? That, she does not know. There are many times where Bianca doesn't realize something right away until it catches her attention naturally. I mean, one time she did not notice that her airpods were already in her ear after spending minutes trying to look for them until she saw herself in the mirror with them in her ears.