010.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝖾𝗇
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝗋𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

bianca sinclair

I EXCUSE MYSELF from the table, heading inside to go to the kitchen to grab myself a glass of water. for an entire hour, my extroverted alter ego has been on full display. it's not like me to act this way but for the sake of making a good first impression, i had to. i search for the cupboard where the glasses are, not knowing my way around the house. just as i was about to open another cupboard, i hear hushed voices somewhere down the corridor, whispering to each other.

me, being the nosy person i am, i quietly walk towards the hallway where the voices are to hear the conversation better. i shouldn't be doing this but sometimes i just can't mind my own business.

"she's not right for him, minh! did you see how hurt amyra looked?"

i freeze in my spot, recognizing the voice to be amyra's mother.

is she talking about me?

"that's none of our concern, hue."

"he deserves someone like amyra."

well, alright then.

"she's the one that ended it with him, hue. let the boy be happy."

"that bianca girl isn't good enough. chris and amyra were perfect, they still have a chance!"

"oh, grow up, hue."

i slowly step back to return to the kitchen. i try not to let the words affect me but an aching feeling in my chest occurs. i'm not the greatest at handling insults, and right now that shows because tears are quickly pooling around my eyes and my throat is beginning to hurt from holding back the lump i feel. to try and stop any more tears, i fill up my glass with water, gulping it down in one go. my breath is becoming uneven, thoughts are running around in my head as the words replay over and over like a broken record.

that bianca girl isn't good enough.

i stand behind the kitchen island, staring at nothing as i dissociate from the world for a second. i tune everything out, only hearing the ringing in my ear. everything is distorted and i'm trying to get myself back to reality. a hand on my shoulder startles me, causing me to jump slightly at the unexpected touch.

"hey," river whispers, concern painted all over his face as he notices my drowning eyes. "what's wrong?"

i shake my head with a slight chuckle, wiping my tears dry quickly. "nothing," i grin at him weakly, "i tear up whenever i sneeze. i think i'm getting sick or something."

god, i'm so shit at lying.

just as river was about to respond, amyra's parents enter the kitchen after having their talk down the hall. hue, amyra's mother, glances at me and her expression changes into a worry. "oh, honey, are you okay?" her voice full of sympathy, approaching me with her hands extended out to embrace me.

this woman deserves a round of applause for this phenomenal acting.

instead of saying anything, i nod. i don't trust my own voice; it could either tremble or break in the middle of my sentence and from there, my tears will be pouring down like a waterfall. she hugs me, her hand rubbing my back comfortingly and soothing me down to tell me everything is okay.