016.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝗍𝖺𝗅𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗆𝗒 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅, 𝗁𝗎𝗁? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

REGRET IS ALL CHRIS FEELS at this moment. he regrets letting his friend and teammate, evan, drag him into another party on a school night. sure, he doesn't care about it being a school night but he would rather be alone in his room than sit on a couch of someone's house, not talking to anyone. for the past hour, he has been watching the party happen before him, smoking and letting the weed take over. he wishes he could leave but being evan's designated driver, he can't leave a friend behind.

"bro, lighten up." evan approaches him, plopping down on the couch and sitting beside him. chris passes him the blunt, to whic evan gladly takes whilst having a red solo cup in his hand. "you look fucking miserable and shit."

"this party is making me miserable," chris replies, taking a long hit, letting the smoke sit in his lungs for a few moments before exhaling it out.

"nah, that ain't it," evan shakes his head, chuckling slightly. "you been looking miserable. why? your girl giving you a hard time?"

chris dryly chuckles, combing his hair back with his fingers. "you could say that."

"nah, see, with my girl. . . if jaden's giving me a hard time or is upset, i let her talk it out with me. communication is the key to everything, so just talk to wassaname and then bam. back to being all couple-y and shit."

chris doesn't respond, instead he brings the blunt to his lips and inhaling deeply. his mind goes back to bianca and how they've been distant ever since evan's party two weeks ago. he is sure it has something to do with conrad. he has caught her texting him many times with a wide grin on her face and every time he does, he rolls his eyes.

evan leaves him alone once again, going back to the crowd to look for his girlfriend. chris stands up to go outside to the back porch where it is somewhat calmer, seeing other people in groups, talking amongst each other. he takes a seat on a couch against the wall, smoking in peace. then, a girl takes a seat beside him. chris doesn't turn his head to look at who it could be, he doesn't really care.

"hey," the girl says.

"i have a girlfriend," chris states, showing his disinterest in the girl beside him.

"i don't see her."

chris takes his phone out of his jacket pocket, going through his camera roll to find a picture of them together, taken by elle when the two went on a double date with her and matt. they were not up for it at first but because it was elle that suggested it, bianca couldn't say no - elle's bright smile and excited eyes were hard to say no to. chris then zooms in on the picture to show bianca's face more, smiling with her head on his shoulder and hand on his chest whilst his hand was around her waist. the boy stretches his arm out to show the nameless girl beside him the image with his eyes staring straight ahead with a bored expression. "now you see her and she's prettier than you."

"dick," the girl scoffs, leaving him to return inside to flirt with other boys most likely.

for a little bit, chris felt peace outside. the evening breeze cools him down, the crickets chirp their song that echoes throughout the night, the music blaring inside the house is muffled when outside. though his peace was interrupted when a group of boys standing in a circle started bursting into laughter, most likely about what someone had said. it's not chris' business to pry and listen to their conversation but when bianca's name was mentioned, his ears perked up and his attention was on them intently.