026.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝗂𝗑
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝗂 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀, 𝗌𝗎𝗇𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖾.
𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀. ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

THE MOON GLISTENS above the pair who have been sitting on the wooden bench for half an hour, admiring the quiet neighborhood without uttering a word. Bianca's head rests comfortably on Chris' shoulder whilst his stretched out arm remains behind her with his thumb still caressing her arm softly. It felt odd for both teenagers that they got along well today; Bianca was surprised Chris did not have any remarks to blurt out to get under her skin whilst Chris was taken back that Bianca did not push him away and brought up Conrad when they were centimeters apart. They have gotten comfortable enough to sit in the position they are in now without breaking into an interminable banter. It feels like a dream that neither one of them ever want to wake up from.

Bianca's eyes slowly get lower as the second passes her by, her body slacken whilst she lets out a deep exhale through her lips. Just as she was about to drift off to sleep, Chris' phone vibrates in his right pajama pocket which startles the lethargic girl due to the vibration that came in contact with her thigh that was touching his. Chris reaches for his phone with his free hand, thus he did not have to remove his stretched arm. He sees his mother's contact name displayed at the top of his screen, Bianca catching a glimpse of the contact image he has for his mother; a film picture of him as a little boy with blonde hair with a wide smile on his face, his small hands on either side of Marylou's face, grinning as wide as he. It is no wonder where the boy inherited his smile from.

Chris' thumb slides across the screen to take the phone call, Bianca hearing the murmur of his mother's voice on the other line. "Hey, mom. What's up?" His voice a little lower and softer to not disrupt the girl's quiet time.

"Where are you, honey?"

He looks down to the peaceful girl whose head is rested on his shoulder, her eyelashes kissing the top of her skin, her glasses sitting lower on her nose. "I'm at the park with Bianca."

"Oh, Bianca!" A blithesome tone evident in the matriarch's voice as soon as the teenage girl's epithet was mentioned. Bianca smiles when she hears the sound of joy from Marylou's voice. "Bring her home, I haven't seen her in a while! I'll make some hot chocolate."

The boy chuckles, which only widens the girl's smile. She could never grow tired of hearing a genuine chuckle from his lips. "I'll let her know. We'll see you in a bit. Bye, mom."

"Bye, hun. Love you!"

"Love you, too." He ends the call before putting his phone back in his pocket.

Chris leans his head forward to glance at Bianca to see if she is asleep. He notices her eyes are fluttered shut, and her breathing is even but her lips are not parted like they usually are when she is sleeping. "Bianca," he calls out her name softly, brushing the fallen strands away from her face. The girl opens her eyes tiredly, lifting her head from his shoulder and Chris is immediately at loss of her warmth. She fiddles with the loose thread from Chris' hoodie, her eyes glued to it whilst silence overcome them.

"My mom wants to have you over. Is that fine with you?" Him asking is new to her ears. Often times, he would just drag her to elsewhere like he did earlier today. She is not quite sure where this sudden change in behavior is coming from but she could get used to this. The brunette girl looks up, her honey eyes meeting his gaze. A faint smile paints itself on her face when she notices Chris' eyebrows are not knitted together and his jaw is not clenched. Solace is present all around his face. It looks good on him.