005.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

╰┈➤ ❝ 𝗂 𝗇𝖾𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝖺𝗅𝗄 𝗍𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎. ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"𝐒𝐎, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋?" river mckinley asks chris as the two, along with matt and chris, eat lunch at the cafeteria table. chris sighs, "what about her?" river rolls his eyes, crossing his arms and raising his eyebrows at the nonchalant boy. "went to school with her, didn't you?"

"uh-huh. . . and?"

"are you guys like, going out?"

something about river's question truly made chris think about an answer carefully. it's not that he doesn't want river to court bianca. . . he's just looking out for a girl he doesn't even know much about.

"yeah, chris, are you guys dating?" nick asks mockingly, with a playful smile on his face, fighting his fits of giggles. chris gives the boy a deadpan look, knowing exactly what nick was trying to do.

"uh, yeah, we're going out," he admits, lying through his teeth as he puts his hands in his jacket pocket to cross his fingers. the table then becomes quiet as they all let their jaw drop and eyes widen. "REALLY?" nick yells, causing eyes to divert to them, including the girl they're talking about at this very moment. matt hits nick in the arm, shutting him up before glancing at chris again. clearing his throat, he asks, "this isn't about. . . getting back at amyra, is it?"

just in time, the girl who chris loved with his whole heart walks in the cafeteria with her friends, smiling and laughing while she carries some of her textbooks in her arms. she glances at chris, flashing him a smile to which chris doesn't return, instead he gives her a blank stare. it's bad enough that he sees her in his dreams to haunt him, seeing her around the corridors of this school isn't making things any better for him.

"no, this isn't about her. i'm over her, bruh." matt squints his eyes at his brother, not convinced at all by his statement. nevertheless, he nods and doesn't ask anymore questions, to which chris is beyond grateful for. nick and river, however, continue with their interrogation.

"wait, was that who you were with last night?"

"what did you guys do?"

"are you sure she likes you?"

all these never-ending questions seem to overwhelm chris, causing him to grumble under his breath whilst standing up to leave the cafeteria and go elsewhere. his figure catches bianca's attention as he walks past her - she could tell he was upset by something from the frown displayed on his face. she contemplates whether he should pry into his business and ask how he is or ignore him and let the bystander effect take over.

clearing her throat, she stands up while leaving her stuff with her friends, "um, i'm gonna use the washroom. i'll be back." she didn't give the three girls a chance to comment as she turns around to walk out of the cafeteria to find the boy. to her left, there she spots his silhouette as he walks slowly to god knows where. she jobs slightly to him, calling his name until he turns around to wait for her once more.

"chris!"

the boy stops walking, turning around slowly to blankly look at bianca. "chris! hey," bianca greets him, "are you okay? you seemed upset. . . i know we're not besties or anything but i just. . . yeah."