chapter 1

Every fight ended like this, Augustus would throw the last punch and the explorer would stay on the ground with shattered pride.

And today wasn't that different from all the other fights they would always have.

There he saw Augustus standing firm in front of him, a fond smile placed on his lips, a smile the explorer would never forget and will always despise.

He groaned as he tried to make words come out of his mouth, yet only a painful whimper could be heard “It's not fair...”

Augustus looked at him, not changing the cold and unmerciful expression on his face, before mumbling “.... You're lucky I'm a nice guy.” before flying away from the alleyway the explorer was backed up in.
––––
Octavius jolts up awake, sweating heavily from the dream he had just woken up to. He looks around and sees a dark room with only himself and pieces of furniture around him. Right now, he'd want someone to comfort and to hug him.

“Calm down Octavius, it was just a dream...” he tells himself. He always tells himself this when certain dreams appear.

The man sighs, getting up to go and get a glass of water from the kitchen.

On his way, he sees his cat Henry sleeping peacefully on the couch. ‘At least Henry's having a good sleep’ Octavius thought to himself as a smile was placed on his face.
––––
“Excuse me mister, but do you know any books about bunnies?” a small voice calls out to Octavius from behind his desk to see a little girl with black colored braided hair wearing a floral dress.

“I think I have something, let me just check dear.” The man said, immediately clicking the keys on his keyboard before smiling fondly.

“What about Pat the bunny? They say it's a nice book for children your age.” with that, the little girl's smile widens “Yes please!” she exclaimed, “I'm glad you're excited dear but, please lower your voice.” he gently told the little girl, she covered her mouth and whispered a sorry.

“I'll get the book, you just stay here alright?”

“No mister, i can get the book on my own.” the little girl said with a determined smile “Okay then, you can find the book in the children's literature.” he said pointing towards the near bookrack

The little girl nodded and smiled “Thank you mister.” she whispered before leaving to go search for the book.

“She seems like a very nice girl.” a calming voice said wich caught Octavius’ attention.
He turned his head to see Sacajawea standing behind his desk, his very helpful coworker “Good afternoon Octavius, is there anything I can help with?” she asks, Octavius thinks for a while before shaking his head “There isn't much work to do any ways Wea, we can just relax for a while. Anyways, how are you and Teddy doing?” Octavius asked, changing the subject.

Sacajawea blushes a bit, before scratching the back of her neck “Well, not that much know but...” she gestures him to come closer and as he did Wea whispered something into his ear wich makes Octavius smile even wider.

“I'm so happy for you, I'll treat you and Teddy later along with the others, how about that?”

“Oh, I'll see if Teddy is available later.”
––––
There he stands in the alleyway near the bank, revolver in his hands and a mask to conceal his identity.

“Alright now Smith, this is for you and yer brothers..” the man mutters to himself.

There was one mission this guy needs to accomplish, and that is to rob this bank and take enough money to feed his family.

“Here I go...”
––––
Octavius and Wea were out for their lunch break, Wea brought her purse while Octavius brought a bag with him happily chatting where to eat for the short while, but a woman's scream had startled them.