chapter 8

Octavius stretches, a groan accompanied it. Tonight he was going for his nightly patrol in hopes that he'll catch something suspicious.

“Henry, be good. Don't knock anything on the floor.” he pets his cat Henry, the chubby cat purrs affectionately and Octavius leaves by the back door.
––––
As he flew slowly over the small town, he couldn't help but think.

‘I wonder what Jed and Kahmunrah were talking about..’ he frowns. The thought of Jedediah being mistreated by Kahmunrah ached, he didn't want the Egyptian to treat his friend badly.

The brunette shakes his head, making the thoughts go away.

‘No Octavius, focus.’ he tells himself, the hero scans the top of the buildings to see if there were any villains in cowboy hats playing hopscotch again but he doesn't see any.

He hums in surprise “Looks like he isn't out tonight.” he mumbled.

The hero finds out he was wrong when he sees one–wait, no–two figures running across buildings. One was wearing a fedora and another one was wearing a bicorne hat. They were both carrying full bags. These weren't the Explorer, but he knew he needed to catch them fast.

Augustus flies towards them quickly and shouts “Napoleon, Scarface, stop!” the two villains look behind them and run even faster “Of course, why do I even try..” the hero grumbles.

Augustus flies even faster, he was behind Napoleon already, the brunette extended his arm to try and reach for the revolutionary but his body was pushed away by another person, not Scarface nor Napoleon, but by a cowboy. The Explorer.

“Ugh!” the brunette yelps, as his body hits the walls of a building, the Explorer was lucky that the hero was shielding him from the impact of the wall.

Their bodies fall down to the ground, the Explorer laying on top of him while he only lays down, making pained grunts.

“Dadgum it Gus!” the villain exclaims, sitting up to face the hero.

There Augustus sees windswept blonde hair, his breathing stops for a second before he pushes the cowboy off of him “What do you mean 'Dadgum it'?! You were clearly the one at fault here!” he claimed, the blonde gasps sarcastically.

“Maybe if certain people just minded their own business, none of this would've happened!” the villain clapped back before he soared into the the and on top of a building once more “Oh no you don't!” the brunette yelled before zooming up to see where the three villains were heading.

Augustus floats in the sky, his eyes studied the buildings until he sees three people running East ‘I got you’ he smiles victoriously as he flew with all his speed until he can catch up with the villains.

“Hey, you guys do know he's gaining up on us, right?” Scarface asked, the two other villains just nodded “Look, I know ‘em better than you both. And I know he ain't giving up so easily.” the Explorer said while he kept running.

Napoleon pitched in “Then what do we do?!” he inquired. The cowboy turned his head to Scarface and held out his hands “Gimmi that damn bag.” the blonde demanded. Scarface complied to the order.

“Now what?” Scarface asked “You distract him while me an’ shorty here take these back.” the Explorer ordered. Napoleon doesn't even say anything about the nickname, he just keeps running.

Scarface nods and stops running, he lets the two other villains get far from him as possible.

The hero stops, as he slowly lands on the building Scarface was standing on “So, what's your plan?” Augustus asked, Scarface chuckled before five copies of himself circled Augustus.

“You can't catch me if you don't know wich one's the real Scarface!” the clones all said in unison, they all laugh eerily, Augustus looks at all the clones, they all look the same and the other two villains will surely get away if he takes too long.

The clones keep laughing at him, the laughter became more and more louder until Augustus couldn't take it anymore.

The hero tries to punch one of them, but his fist just goes right through.

“Haha! You call yourself a hero but you can't even tell wich one's wich?” they taunt, this makes Augustus even more mad.

“You poor Emperor–wait sorry, someone like you shouldn't even be compared to the real emperor Augustus.”

The hero swings his feet in the air, as he hits the clones they disappear, but one remains visible and it was the real version of Scarface who stumbles away from the hero. The villain lets out a mocking laughter “Don't get too cocky just because you found me. I bet you aren't even that hard to defeat.”

Augustus clenches his fist, keeping himself aware in case the other man suddenly attacks “Let's see, shall we?” he challenges and Scarface accepts.

The villain runs up to the brunette, attempting to punch Augustus multiple times but the hero successfully dodges his punches, Scarface stops for a few seconds but before he can continue, Augustus kicks him by the torso.

“Shit!” Scarface yelps as he falls on the rooftop floor Infront of the hero. Augustus clenches his fist and red light illuminates, a dagger suddenly appears and before Scarface can shout again, the brunette points the weapon to his face “Shout one more time. I dare you.” he said in a stern tone, it wasn't that visible bit Scarface gulped, worried that he might get arrested after this.

“Now that this is over, I should turn you in and we can find more information–-”

Before Augustus can finish his sentence, a shadow of a cowboy jumps from behind him and kicks him by the head, knocking Augustus out cold.

The hero drops his dagger and blacks out, the only thing he sees before he closes his eyes was the Explorer, wearing a deadpanned expression.

The hero wakes up, he looks around to see the Explorer beside him, tying a rope–wait a minute.. He was tying Augustus on an air vent!!

“Explorer! What are you doing?!” the other man rolls his eyes “Ain't it already obvious spandex boy? I'm tying you up so you don't follow me an’ the others.”

The blonde stands up and observes the hero in front of him “Maybe I should finally see who you are..” he mumbled before crouching once more, looking at Augustus at eye level.

Explorer cups Augustus’ cheeks with one hand, squishing the hero's face. The villain chuckles slightly “Y'know, you don't look that bad. You do look a bit stressed but you still look handsome.” the villain teases, this causes Augustus to blush.

The blonde looks even deeper into the hero's dark chocolate eyes, and Augustus feels a heat in his chest, something that he's never felt before.

There Augustus sees a pair of blue ocean eyes staring back into his brown ones. The heat inside his chest burns even more brighter, he couldn't keep his eyes off of the villain “.... You look like someone I know..” he mutters, the Explorer smiles teasingly at him.

“Well then this fellar must be handsome like me.” he jokes before standing up.
(You are actually very handsome I'm being /srs)

Augustus furrows his brows while he still feels heat on his face. The explorer kicks a dagger towards Augustus and the hero turns to the cowboy with a puzzled expression “You got yerself into this mess, you get yerself out.” said the Explorer, winked at him before turning to leave.

Augustus stays there for a while, dumbfounded by the events that have just happened.