chapter 4

Night had always been a peaceful, yet dangerous time. You'll never know what might happen to you while you're out at night.

There were two men out tonight, one was standing near a bench and another one was sitting on said bench.

“Nice to see you again. I trust that you have acquired new information?” a dark and sinister voice asked, it was from the man sitting on the bench.

The man who was standing puffed out some smoke before speaking “No, they don't know what's going to happen soon.”

The man sitting on the bench cackled “Good, and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm counting on you.”

“Yes sir, I won't disappoint you.”
––––
Today was a slow day again and Octavius couldn't be more grateful for it.

Him and the other library staff can just mind their own businesses without worrying about any large crowds.

But something was still bothering the Italian, he wanted to relax for a while but his mind isn't letting him.

He's curious as to what the Explorer's planning right now and when the villain's going to strike. These thoughts don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

“Tavi? Hellooo” a cheery voice called out to him, his thoughts automatically go away as he turns his head to see Jedediah by his side.

“What's wrong with ya, Somethin’ going on?” the blonde asks in a worried tone, Octavius immediately shakes his head “No! No, I-- maybe there's something--- It's a bit complicated..” he rests his head on the desk.

Jedediah shuffles awkwardly infront of him “Maybe you can talk to me about ‘em? I can always try an’ help you.” Octavius contemplates the idea for a while.

“I... I don't know Jed, it's a very private matter and I don't really feel comfortable sharing.” Jedediah nods understandingly, before ruffling Octavius’ hair “Alrighty then, if things DO get too much, I'm here for ya.” Octavius looks at him, before smiling genuinely.

“Okay then, I'll keep that in mind.”
––––
Octavius locks the library doors before walking quickly looks for an alley.

Once he finally finds an alleyway where he isn't easily seen, he places his bag down on the ground and opens it to reveal his hero suit with it's own cape. The Italian takes the suit and observes it to make sure nothing was ripped or anything.

The suit was made out of red and grey spandex, both colors mixed to create some type of Spider-Man like suit, although the cape made it seem like both spiderman and superman's suits were fused.

He gets dressed and grabs a helmet from his bag and puts it on, making his hair messy during the process.

He leaves his bag there and flies to the police station. After a few minutes of flying, he lands behind the station and knocks on the backdoor. Whenever he visits the station, he always comes in through the back to avoid any civilians.

A few moments later, the door unlocks and reveals a tired young lady with messy curly hair “Hmmm? Oh, hey Augustus.” she mumbles. It was Cruz, the officer Augustus was with that day the Explorer escaped.

Augustus smiles at her and steps in the station, suddenly a hoard of officers start asking him questions like, “If he's seen anything yet.” or “If he'll be staying for long.”

Cruz groans and shouts “Get back to your posts people! Give him some space atleast.” the officers immediately back off of Augustus.

“Thank you Ms. Cruz, I won't be staying for long though. Don't want to take too much of your time.” the female cop nods and picks up a cup of coffee sitting by her desk “Don't worry I don't mind. We'll be here for a night shift anyways.” she says before taking a sip of her coffee.