cronchy leaves

Octavius locks the library doors before turning around to see Jedediah standing there, waiting for him.

He walks down the stairs, hands in his pocket in an attempt to keep them warm “Why aren't you going home yet?” the brunette asked, Jedediah hums for a while, trying to seek an answer “I was just waitin’ for you, wailking alone gets pretty lonely sometimes.”

Octavius sighs, a content smile visible on his face “I never really had anyone to walk home with, Sacajawea always left work early and..” he trails off, not really having the energy to continue anymore.

“Well, since I'm here now you don't have to walk home by yourself!” the blonde cheers, putting a thumbs up and a happy smile.

The keep walking, the sky was already dark and the Autumn leaves were scattered all over the ground. Jedediah pokes Octavius’ sleeve “Hey Tavi, d'ya think this leaf will crunch?” he enthusiastically asked, Octavius shrugs “Maybe you should find out.” Jed smiles.

He takes one look at Octavius and back on the leaf before stepping on it, the leaf produced no crunch whatsoever, how disappointing.

“Awe, that leaf looked like it would crunch for sure!” Jedediah exclaims, throwing his hands up in the air, Octavius can't help but giggle at the display Jed was showing.

“Maybe there's a crunchy leaf here, there are a lot scattered on the ground so...”

Jedediah looks at him as those blue eyes widened in enthusiasm once again “Yeah, c'mon Octy!” he holds the brunette's hand and they both step forward to try and find any crunchy leaves.

One step forward, no crunch, another step, no crunch. It takes them a few more minutes of walking to finally find crunchy leaves.

As Jedediah steps forward, they both hear a crunch and this gets the blonde excited “Did you hear that October? There was a crunch!” Octavius laughs wholeheartedly.

As the brunette and the blonde keep stepping forward to try and find even more crunchy leaves, before Octavius notices how they've still kept holding hands “Jed, do you want to stop holding hands? I know you aren't a big fan of touch.”

The blonde shakes his head “Can we keep holding hand though? I... I don't have any gloves on so I need to keep ‘em warm.” he excuses, that was actually one of the most gayest excuses I've ever made–if not, possibly the dumbest.

Octavius just nods and sighs, not letting go of Jedediah's hand. They keep walking hand in hand until Jed had to be the first to go home “Well this is my stop, bye Tavi..” Jed waves goodbye sadly, Octavius does as well but he has a frown on his face “It's alright Jed, I'll be on my way now.”

Before Octavius can go, Jedediah stops him “Hey, thanks for putting up with me an’ my childish antics sometimes.” Octavius smiles genuinely “It's no problem Jed, I like spending time with you, even if you're sometimes childish.”

They wave goodbye to each other again and Octavius leaves for real this time.

Hello! This is the author, this chapter is set in before chapter 5. That's all :)