chapter 21

Tw: Smoking

Jedediah waited for Octavius to finish locking up the library doors, both of them were going to walk home like usual, “Jedediah! Is that you?” he heard an old yet familiar voice call put his name.

He turns around to see Julius walking up to him, a friendly smile on his face. Jedediah came up to Julius, “Oh hey Julius! What're you doin’ here?” the blonde asked, the older man looked at Octavius who was still locking up “I wanted to pick Octavius up, I wanted to talk to him about some things.”

“But can't y'all just talk about it at home?” Jedediah asked to where Julius shook his head “No, this is an important matter. It also involves you and your brothers.”

Jedediah's eyes widened in surprise, “What? What's it gotta do with me an’ my brothers?” Julius only smiled and chuckled “Don't worry, it isn't something serious.”

The Texan put a hand to his chest and sighed in relief, “That's good... Well uh, what is it?”

“I wanted to–”

“Father! What are you doing here?” before Julius could finish his sentence, Octavius–who's now finished locking up– runs up to them, panicked that his father might have said something embarrassing about Octavius to Jedediah.

“Ah, Octavius, I wanted to talk to you.” the old man smiled, Octavius led his father a bit away from Jedediah to talk to his father.

The blonde just stood there, looking at Octavius and his father before looking away. The wind slightly blew his hair, making it more messier than it was before.

After a few minutes, Octavius and his father walk back to Jedediah, an embarrassed and flustered look on the brunette's face.

“Jedediah, let's walk home now..” the brunette mumbled, as he rested his head on the blonde's shoulder. Jedediah only chuckled and smiled before patting Octavius’ back “Alright..Are you comin’ with us Julius?” he asked the older man.

Julius shakes his head, “I have to buy some things at the shop so you two head home now..” Jedediah nod, “Alright then, bye Julius! C'mon Octy, let's go.” he said, pulling the brunette while smiling.

“Bye father, take care when you get home..” Octavius waved goodbye to his father, Julius waved goodbye as well.

––––

They were in front of Jedediah's house now, Octavius stares in amazement as he looked at the small house with big and tall trees surrounding it “I never knew your house was near the forest. We'd usually just part ways after we get out of the park..”

Jedediah giggled, and looked at Octavius with complete adoration, the look of amazement on his friend's face was something else, it made Jed feel happy to see Octavius like that.

“So..what did you an’ your father talk about?” the blonde asked, Octavius looks at his friend with a surprised expression. “Oh! Yes...well my father said that I should invite you and your brothers for dinner tomorrow, he wants to get to know you and your family better..”

Octavius takes Jedediah's hand with both his hands and holds it “But you don't have to if you don't want to, I just wanted to tell you that..” he uttered, rubbing the hand gently with his thumbs.

Jedediah slightly blushed at this, “No! We'd love to go to your house...When though?”

“Come again?” Octavius asked, not hearing the blonde correctly.

“When are we havin’ a dinner?..” Jed asked, looking at Octavius’ brown mellow eyes. The brunette smiled “Tomorrow by 8:20 pm, if you're all free that is..”