Reassurance

Octavius looked gloomy all day, and Jedediah had noticed this. When they were working, the librarian didn't smile nor join in their conversation, making the blonde think that Octavius was distancing himself from the others, this made Jedediah worry.

The brunette was locking up the library doors, his face still looking very sad. The blonde walks up to his friend “Hey Tavii~ What's wrong kemosabe?” he asked in a happy tone, he looked at Octavius’ sorrowful face.

The Italian didn't look at him, yet he whispered an answer “Nothing's wrong Jed..” this made Jedediah even more worried.

Octavius turns around and walks down the steps, leaving Jedediah behind. The blonde follows him, “Hey! Wait up!” he exclaims.

The brunette slows down, letting Jed catch up with him. “Y'know, I'm really worried about ya.” Octavius furrows his eyebrows as he looks at Jedediah, making the blonde move away a bit “Why? There's nothing to worry about.” Octavius said.

Jed furrowed his eyebrows as well “Really? Then why's it seem like you've been distancing yourself from me an’ the others?” he took the brunette's hand and held it close to him, “I'm worried, is somethin’ wrong?”

He looked at his friend's brown eyes, finding slight sadness in them. Jedediah waited for his friend's answer, but he only sees Octavius’ cheeks flush bright red, making him blush as well.

“I– it's normal for friends to get worried ‘bout each other right?” he asked, smiling sheepishly as he kept holding Octavius’ hand. The brunette slowly nods, his cheeks still blushing. “Right..”

He takes back his hand from Jedediah and looks away, “Nothing's wrong, you don't have to worry about me..” he said sadly, Jedediah didn't believe this.

Octavius continues walking, Jedediah follows “Hey! I know something's wrong an’ you ain't telling me.” he held onto the brunette's shoulder, as he looked at Octavius who's face looks like it's about to burst.

Jedediah moves closer to him “I'm sorry..I shouldn't had pushed this..” Octavius looks at the ground before tugging on the blonde's shirt. “Can I hug you right now?” the brunette asks. Jedediah nods, smiling “If it helps ya”

Octavius pulls his friend into a tight yet tender hug, wrapping his arms around the Texan. Jedediah does the same, embracing the Italian right in front of him.

Neither if them wanted to move or let go, but they had to since the rain was starting to pour.

“Ah hell! C'mere Tavi!” the blonde said, parting away from the hug and quickly pulling both him and Octavius near the awning of a nearby coffee shop. They stay there for a while, Jedediah reaching out his hand to feel the rain.

“Yeah.. looks like it ain't gonna stop raining soon..” he mumbles. The blonde looks back at Octavius, his friend was looking at him, smiling. His eyes smiled as well. This made Jedediah feel something weird, something he's never felt before.

“Thank you Jed..” Octavius said. Jedediah stays silent still gazing at the beautiful look on Octavius’ face. “I..yer welcome..” he blurts out, making the brunette chuckle.

They lean on the wall of the coffee shop, just looking at the rain and the people either running to a close shade or just walking in the rain. Octavius looks at his friend before moving closer “I'm sorry I made you worry today, it just sometimes happen to me..” he said, resting his head on the taller man's shoulder.

“It's alright, I understand. Maybe you'd like to tell me to at least feel more relived?” he asked, Octavius sighs “Sometimes I feel like I'm doing something wrong...I can't help but feel that way..”

The Texan turns his head to him, Octavius looks at Jedediah “What'd you mean?” the blonde asked, Octavius gives him a frown “I just... can't help but think like that. Everything I do is just bad and I know no one will ever appreciate my work..” he looked away, tears slowly forming in his eyes.

“I usually don't think about it but only sometimes whenever I'm sad. I usually distance myself from others so I don't make them feel sad.. I'm sorry..” he confesses as a tear runs down his face.

They say nothing for a while, the rain serving as background noise for them, cars drive past them, shining a bit of light on their bodies.

Just then, Jedediah hugged his friend, one hand around the brunette's waist and the other caressing his hair “You ain't doing anything wrong.. you're the most dedicated person I've ever met if I'm bein’ honest..”

Octavius hugs him back, wrapping his arms around Jedediah, never wanting to leave his soft embrace again. “Jed...” the blonde slightly pulls away from the hug to look at Octavius in the eyes.

“An’ if no one's there to appreciate all the great things you've done, then I'll be here.” he said, wiping away the tear before caressing his cheek in an adoring way “I've always adored you and yer work y'know... And! I'll be here to comfort ya, even if you push me away.” he smiled softly, making Octavius blush.

The brunette just hugs him again, burying his face into Jed's half wet shirt. “Thank you.. you're one of the most greatest and kindest people I've met..” he confessed, although his voice was muffled due to him burying his face in his friend's shirt.

Jedediah smiled, hugging Octavius tenderly “It's no problemo amigo.. an’ thanks for tellin’ me..good to get if off yer chest huh?” Octavius nods, making Jedediah smile. “I love ya buddy, yer the bestest friend I've ever had.”

Octavius looks at him, before smiling as well “I love you too Jed, I hope we remain friends..” they smile at each other “I know we will pardner.”

Hey I'm just like Octavius :D

Anyways, exams are starting to come up and you know what that means... Fillers! Funfact: these fillers are actually scrapped ideas that i know I'll probably not put in the main chapters ರ╭╮ರ

Anyways, stay tuned for these short fillers! Hope you enjoyed this one! ^^