chapter 15

The sun started to set wich meant that it was time to go home and rest, but it wasn't home time for Jedediah, no. He decided that he'll be staying in the hospital with Octavius, but the brunette opposes of the idea since his friend has been staying with him all day at the hospital, just taking care of him.

“Jedediah, won't your brothers be worried?” the brunette asks while his expression stayed the same. The Texan shakes his head “Naw, I already told Austin that I'll be stayin' here with you.” he said smiling.

They stayed silent for a while, letting the both of them to relax. The beeping of both the heart monitor and cars outside served as noises for them, but they weren't really those annoying types of noises, they were more like a peaceful type of noise–if that even makes sense.

It took Jedediah a few more seconds to say something “I.. your dad seems scary..” he mumbles to where Octavius smiles and chuckles “Well looks can be deceiving you know. He's actually just a really fun and loving guy.”

Octavius looks out the window from his bed, observing the blurry view of buildings outside. He smiles softly before saying “I really think you should be going home now.” Jedediah makes an unsure expression, his mouth forming a straight line.

“I need to check up on ya, I don't want anything to happen to you while you're here..” Jedediah's hand was resting on Octavius’ side, the brunette tenderly holds his friend's hand, “I'll be alright, trust me.”

The texan still has an unsure look and Octavius sighs “Didn't you promise your brothers that you'll be there by their side?” Jedediah couldn't help but pout, “Well.. It's a bit different right now..”

“I'll be fine, you can visit me some other time.” the Italian assures, it takes Jedediah some time before nodding reluctantly “..Alright then, call the nurse when you need somethin’ and..oh! If you ever need someone to talk to you can call me on the phone anytime, and–”

Octavius interrupts “Jedediah. I'll be fine.” he says, smiling warmly. The blonde nods before blushing slightly “Get better.. I'll be missing yer company at work y'know..” Octavius blushes slightly as well, before he smiles “I'll miss you too Jed, but you can still come visit me here anytime.”

The blonde doesn't say anything else and just waves goodbye, as he grabs the doorknob, the door opens making both men surprised.

“Oh gosh I'm so sorry!–I...Jed?”

It was Larry, holding his son Nicky's hand. The father and son look at Jedediah and Jedediah looks back at them before the two men laugh. Nicky lets go of his father's hand and walks to his uncle Octavius and standing next to his bed.

“What're y'all doing here?” Jed asked, chuckling. Larry smiles cheerfully “I promised this little guy that we'd visit Octavius today, we won't be long though. How about you?” Larry asks.

“Ah well, I was just going home.” the Texan said, Larry nods before an awkward silence looms over them for a short while. Jedediah was the one to say something first “Anyways, Wish I could stay longer but my brothers will be worried.” Larry nods along, “Yeah you're right..” he mumbles.

Jedediah grabs the doorknob once more and waves goodbye to them “Bye Larry, bye Nicky, don't cause yer father too much trouble.” Jedediah looks at Octavius and hesitates, before smiling tenderly “Bye Octavius..” he reluctantly waves to the brunette before getting out the room and closing the door.

Larry just raises an eyebrow to Octavius and the brunette makes a confused expression “What?” Nicky giggles, “You like him uncle Octavius!” the young boy exclaims.

Octavius’ face heats up, as he furrows his eyebrows at Nicky “I..I do not!” the young boy continues to giggle “But you do! You even hesitated!” Nicky teases. Larry picks up his son and places him on the chair next to Octavius’ bed.