chapter 25

Weeks had passed by and it was almost voting week. Sacajawea and Teddy had worked their butts off for the public to see that Teddy is the responsible and trustworthy leader he is. Of course, they also owe it all to the people working in Theodore's campaign for helping them.

Sacajawea sighed softly and sat down the couch, she rubbed her belly gently and smiled at it. Theodore then spots her amd smiles before saying “Are you alright honey? Are you tired?”

Sacajawea turned her head to see her husband, as a smile instantly falls on her face “I'm fine dear... It's nothing much.”

Theodore smiled and kissed her forehead before saying, “I was thinking... Maybe we could have a picnic in the park? Y'know.. i wanted to thank you for helping me with this whole politics thing..”

Sacajawea's smile widens “Of course! I'd really like to spend more time with you. When are we going for a picnic?” Teddy smiled and said “Is it alright if we went now? I had already prepared the picnic basket and all the things we'll need.”

Sacajawea tilted her head a bit “But, i need to change clothes..”

“And why's that dear? You already look great, even for a picnic!”

Sacajawea was wearing a comfy chemisse dress with her hair in it's usual braided style. Despite her tummy being huge because of her being five or six months pregnant, she still looked good and fresh.

Sacajawea chuckled “Alright then, I'll take your word for it..” she stands up and says “C'mon dear! Let's go for that picnic!”

The happy couple held hands as Teddy took his hat and placed it on his head, he also held the picnic basket tight as they leave their house and walk to the park.

–––––
The park was peaceful and the fluttering breeze was cool and refreshing. There were only a few people in the park, some of them were couples and the others were either with their pets or with their friends.

Teddy prepared the picnic blanket below a big tree for some shade, as soon as he finished, he urged Sacajawea slowly sit down. As soon as she does, she opens the picnic basket and grabs a few sandwiches as Teddy sits down beside her.

“These sandwiches look very great dear!” Sacajawea said as she smiled and handed Teddy one. Her husband smiled at her and kissed her cheek “Thank you dear, i made them myself.”

They both take a bite out of their sandwishes and Sacajawea smiles even more “They're so good! I think even the baby likes them!” she says, gently rubbing her belly.

Teddy smiles and rubs his hand on her belly as well as he says “I sure hope so... I only want you and the baby to be very happy, nothing else matters, only you both.”

He stared into her eyes lovingly, as if not wanting to look away. Sacajawea stared at him in a loving way as well before she glanced over behind Teddy and her eyes widened.

There was a car flying their way, and before they would get hit, Sacajawea quickly pulled Teddy away and to somewhere more safer.

“What the?!”

Before they knew it, Augustus flew quickly over to them and asked “Are you two alright?” he said in a worried tone, as he glanced over to Sacajawea with a concered look in his eyes.

Teddy nodded and stood up with Sacajawea “Yes, we're fine Augustus. Thank you..”

Augustus nodded, “You two should go somewhere more safer, probably at home? I don't want any civilians to get hurt...”