chapter 24

Tw: Smoking, Cursing

Cruz opens her eyes, she sits up and stretches. Her bedroom door opens and she sees her little brother walking in, Isanagi or Isa carrying a breakfast tray.

“Hi ate, kain na po kayo.” the little boy said, walking up to her and slowly giving her the tray, Cruz smiles and takes the tray and sets it on her lap. The plate on the breakfast tray was stacked with pancakes with syrup drooping down the stacks and butter which laid on top. While on the side, there was a full glass of orange juice.

“Did you make this? Mukhang masarap ah!” she exclaims, ruffling Isa's hair. The little boy's face stays neutral. “I'll get myself ready for school, you get yourself ready for work.”

The woman just rolls her eyes, “Ngayon na bago tayo ma-late!” she heard Isa's exclaim and couldn't help but chuckle, he kind of reminds her of their mother.

––––

At the police station, Cruz was well respected, she was known to be a fierce and strong police officer. Cruz knocks the door to the chief's office while holding a white folder in the other hand.

“Come in!”

She walked into the office, lots of paper were stacked on top of the chief's desk, as the chief–mister. Armstrong– smiles at her with a bright smile.

“Sir, our researchers saw some interesting things on the equipment Augustus and Lance found in that abandoned house.” Cruz said, taking a seat in front of her boss.

George hums “What did they find?” he asked, Cruz handed him the white folder. The man opened it and there he saw pictures of a green goo with several bones that looked like dinosaur bones.

“The researchers found this weird goop, and it seems capable of making live things. For example those bones, they believe that goop can make a living thing when it possesses something.”

George just furrows his eyebrows “This seems really too much, first superheroes and villains and now this?? What's next, snakes for hair?” the chief sighs and relaxes on his chair.

“Sir, don't worry. We'll get to the bottom of all this, we got Augustus and Lux to help us out, Lux is trying to put together that goop we're starting to worry about into good use.” she smiles, trying to be as reassuring as possible.

George just sighs “Fine whatever you say Cruz, take this and keep it safe.” he hands her the white folder. The woman takes the folder and head out the room where she bumps into Lance who had two cups of coffee.

“Oh, hi Michelle!” he happily said, handing her the sweeter cup of coffee, her favorite. Cruz just smiles “Hey Lance, any news on the research?”

The blonde shook his head, “They're doing tests right now and they told me it isn't safe so I left. But I'm gonna come back later to see what happened.” the blonde said, smiling innocently.

Cruz knew that this man was really new since he's still got that enthusiasm, but it'll die down soon, she knows it, since she was the same when she first started.

“Cool, this whole thing's getting too much if you ask me.” she sighs, walking back to her office with Lance by her side.

“Well after this, everything will be fine! No worries.” Lance said, trying to assure her. “Anyways, how's your little brother? I heard he had high honors this time in school.”

Cruz smiles, remembering the thought of her little brother “He's alright, he's been doing great at school, he's so different from me. When i was a kid, my mother had to pull out the hanger just to get me to read.” she chuckles as Lance makes a concerned face.