chapter 14

Warning! This chapter will have sensitive topics such as loss of loved ones. If you aren't comfortable with that topic then I'd suggest you not read this chapter (─.─||)

That is all ^_________^

Deep inside the woods, a little house rested with a teenager and a middle aged man lived inside. Both of them escaping the exhausting city just to train. The peaceful wind blowing away leafs

“Uncle, do I have to do this? I can control my powers just fine.” a small and weak voice said, the owner of the voice was none other than Octavius, who is currently a fourteen year old teenager with acne and messy hair. The person he was talking to only gave him a bored expression–it was his uncle Julius, who's hair was starting to fall out and become gray.

His uncle Julius sighs, “Octavius, you still have a lot to learn. You are young, you think you have it all under control but you don't.” the older man told him before backing away from Octavius to give him some space.

“Now, I want you to try and summon a weapon, it can be any weapon you can think of.” he requested, Octavius looks at him with with hesitation and asks “And what if I can't?”

Julius smiles softly “And that's alright. I just want you to try your best.”

Octavius nods and holds out his hand as he focuses for a while, using all the energy he has left to try and summon a weapon. Julius observes his nephew, the faint caws of birds served as noise for the both of them as they stood there.

A few more minutes passed and something started to glow on Octavius’ hand, a red faint glow to be specific. The teenager smiles brightly as he sees the light from his hand start to glow brighter and brighter than before.

“Look uncle, I'm doing it!” he exclaims happily, Julius chuckles as his eyes smile. But before they knew it, the hand suddenly stopped glowing and Octavius makes a puzzled expression, so does Julius.

“What?! I thought I already–”

“Octavius, it's alright. You tried your best and that's all that matters.” his uncle said with a smile, trying to cheer up the brunette. Octavius only whispers a smile. “Let's go inside, you've been training for a while now.” Julius told him, as he placed a protective hand on his nephew's shoulder.

As they step inside the wooden house, Julius asks something, hesitating “It's your parent's one year anniversary..do you want to visit them?”

Octavius looks distantly, his eyes darken and it fills with sorrow, the brunette just shrugs.

Julius slightly frowns before nodding “Alright then, we'll see them when you're ready.”

––––
Octavius lifelessly lays on his bed, staring out the window. The tiny raindrops racing down his window seal, the moonlight resting on his face as he only looks distant. Something was on his mind.

He tosses and he turns in his bed, not being able to find any comfortable sleeping positions. The teenager then sits up and makes his way to the kitchen. He carefully steps on the floorboards, trying his best not to form any sort of noise that might wake up his uncle.

The Italian gets a glass of water and sits down on the couch, he doesn't want to go back to sleep yet, he fears that he might dream of something he doesn't want.

‘I can't believe uncle Julius just mentioned them and now I'm like this..’

He just sits on the couch, glass of water resting in his hands. The room was silent, well I guess it's something you should expect when it's currently 2:15 AM. It's just too quiet, he finds it a bit lonely.