Pre- Christmas chapter

I'm so sorry for not updating.... Got a bit lazy to write then school....got sick..school..etc. etc.

Anyways, please don't kill me, it's currently 12:56 AM in my country right now and this chapter got a bit rushed and...yeah

Anyways, hope y'all enjoy this chapter, let's just treat this chapter as a pre-christmas filler chapter ig

The door closes quietly as Jedediah tried not to make any sort of noise to awake his brothers since it was already late at night. Today he had done a lot of work at the library wich took a lot of his energy.

He hears little footsteps running to the him and Jedediah couldn't help but smile, “Bubba!” he hears Ira exclaim. He turns around and sees a little redhead with flour all over his body, and a large smile on his face.

“What in the Sam Hill happened to ya? You look like you rolled over a pile of sand.” the Texan jokes, crouching down to look at Ira eye to eye. The little orange giggles as Jed wipes some flour off of him “I was tryin’ to bake some cookies for y'all but I couldn't get the cookies in the oven.”

The older man sighs in relief, thanking that Ira really hadn't tried to bake any cookies, or their only house would burn down. He smiles softly at Ira “Why'd you wanna bake cookies so bad?” he asks, chuckling.

Ira looks at him brightly “I wanted to give y'all a treat, as well as mrs. Wea and mr. Octavius.” he says. Jedediah picks him up and brings him to the kitchen “Alright then, we may as well try..”

Jed sets the little child on the counter and takes an apron–wich was resting next to the stove– and he puts it on himself. He washes his hands and dries them using the apron.

Ira giggles and watches as his older brother takes a bowl, flour, sugar, and eggs. The little orange was eager to observe and learn from his older brother.

Jed placed the bowl down in front of him and poured a bit of flour in, after that, he poured a bit of sugar in and cracked two eggs and quickly placed them into the bowl. “Wow! Bubba's so cool!” Ira said with enthusiasm.

Jed took a spoon and started mixing all the ingredients together to make some batter. Ira scoots closer to the bowl “Can I please mix it?” he asks, the blonde nods and gently hands him the spoon.

Ira holds onto the bowl and the spoon and starts mixing, as he started to mix, some of the batter spills on the countertop, and some on Ira and Jedediah's clothes. The older brother laughs wholeheartedly at this.

Ira starts to mixes faster and that's when Jed steps in, “Okay okay lil’ man, time to stop now..” Ira stops and hands the bowl over to his older brother “What do we do now?” the little boy asks, Jedediah takes some food plastic wrap from the cupboards above his head and covers the bowl with it. He holds the bowl and opens the fridge, the blonde places it in a safe space where Ira couldn't possibly reach it and accidentally spill it.

“Why'd we need to put it up there?” the redhead asks, the blonde takes a moment before answering “Well we need to cool it so we can form the dough better tomorrow.”

Jed takes off the apron and washes his hands, Ira makes scared noises and Jedediah looks oboverer his brother who was trying to get down the countertop by himself. The blonde steps in.

“Wait a minute sugar cube, lemme help you down.” the older man wrapps his hands around his little brother and gently sets him down on the ground. Before the blonde could start to walk off, Ira clings onto his leg and that stops Jed from walking any further.

“What're you doing lil’ orange?” he asks, looking down to his little brother. Ira furrows his brows “I wanna bake the cookies now.” Jed makes a happy expression “I know you wanna, but we need to let it cool first.”