chapter 26

Attila had just finished cleaning the tables, all of his customers had gotten home from eating at his beloved diner, and he had already sent all his workers to go home as well.

Just as about when he was gonna grab his coat, the bell rang and he turned his head to see Ahkmenrah with a tired look on his face. He had big black eyebags under his eyes, yet he still looks young and charming.

“Yes Ahkmenrah? You came here late.” Attila said with a smile on his face as he hung his coat up against the wall again.

Ahkmenrah sighed and sat on one of the boots, “I'm sorry my friend, college has been beating me up fairly recently. One iced coffee please..with whipped cream.”, he requested.

Attila nodded and smiled at the young man before going to the other part of the counter and making his friend an iced coffee.

“I hope you're not stressing yourself out Ahkmenrah. It is bad for your health.” Attila said, as he brewed the young man some coffee. Ahkmenrah happily took the cup and sipped on it, before smiling once again.

After a few minutes of chatting and conversing, Attila and Ahkmenrah went their separate ways. After a few minutes, Ahkmenrah was now on the bus on his way to his older brother's house. It was currently the weekend and he was free to go visit his older brother.

While he was listening to some Beyonce through his earphones, he noticed that there were a few messages that popped into his phone. The young Egyptian checked it and it was a reminder to do his project that he keeps procrastinating to do.

––––

Ahkmenrah was now in his older brother's house and unlocked the front door with the extra key that Kahmunrah had given him. He slowly stepped inside and took off his shoes. “Brother?” He called out, as he put down his bag on the floor and made his way upstairs.

As he continued to go upstairs, he saw Kahmunrah's office door opened and a little ray of light coming out from the room. He inched closer as he heard whispering inside the room. He then heard his older brother's voice.

“Once we take care of that stupid hero, we will finally have a more easier access to taking control of the city. No one will stand in our way. Not even that fool, Jedediah.” Kahmunrah said.

Ahkmenrah's eyes widened in both fear and surprise. Jedediah knows what Kahmunrah has been plotting yet he didn't tell anyone. And what's worse is, Kahmunrah is planning to take control of the city.

Ahkmenrah trembled in fear as he stepped away from the door. But he bumped into someone tall. He looked up to see a bearded man with a horrifying expression on his face. Just before Ahkmenrah knew it, he had blacked out.

––––

A week later, Attila was in his diner once more, as he had a solemn look on his face. As the older man wiped the counter, his mind couldn't help but think back to the times when Ahkmenrah would come and visit him and ask for a coffee with whipped cream. A small smile crept on his face, as his eyes started to tear up. Attila gritted his teeth and clenched his fist.

Ahkmenrah had been missing for a week now, and no one has had any leads. Attila was worried sick, especially since Ahkmenrah is his best friend.

He sighed, feeling dejected once more as he finished cleaning and took his coat from the coat rack.

As he left the diner, he walked through the streets. He looked up and saw a missing poster of his friend Ahkmenrah. Even the police doesn't have any leads to whoever might've kidnapped him.

Attila sighs and continues to walk away as he thought back to the day that Ahkmenrah went missing. He told Attila that he would be visiting his older brother Kahmunrah and he never heard any more news about the young man.

Just then, a light bulb went flickering in his head, as he had a vague idea. He ran to whoever's house is the closest. And in his luck, it was Larry's house.