chapter 23

“Hello, mr. Augustus? Yeah this is Myla!” the sound of the cheerful teen's voice boomed inside the sewer, as they skated around in a big circle in their sewer.

“Hello Myla! What may I be of help?” Octavius asked through the phone, “I was just wondering, maybe I can go out to help people in Yorktown today? So you can take a break from hero stuff for a bit.”

They could already imagine Octavius aching up his eyebrow in suspicion “Why do you suddenly want to do hero work in Yorktown?” Myla giggled, “I just wanna help ya! Since you're at work, I can always do hero stuff in the day for you!”

It took Octavius a bit time, but eventually he agreed “Sure. Just make sure you won't get hurt, nor the civilians.” Myla smiled brightly, as they roller skated to their wardrobe “Of course! Thank you mr. Augustus! Thank you!”

They left their phone on the table on speaker, “No problem, you're doing me a favor. Just take care and––HENRY PLEASE DON'T BREAK THAT!––”

The call suddenly ends, as Myla chuckled to themselves ‘It must be his cat he's told me about.’ they thought.

After a few minutes, Myla skates to their broken body mirror and inspects themselves “Looking good!” they smiled. Myla was wearing a yellow spandex suit with a utility belt hanging on their waist, as protective gear on their elbows and knees were oresent. A small jetpack behind their back as the teenager took their small colorful cassette tape player decorated with the small sunflowers on it.

“I can never leave without my cassette tape player.” they muttered, as they placed the small cassette tape player in the holder of their utility belt. Myla puts on the helmet with cat ears on top, several stickers of cartoon dogs placed on it. Their hair sticking out the back to create a puffy bun.

They put on their goggles and hang a rope onto their utility belt. The teenager smiles and giggles “Okay, I'm ready!”

Myla clicks on the button of their cassette player and rolls out to the exit of the sewer, ready to kick some criminal butt.

––––

The teenager rolls across the small city through the crowds, catching the eyes of civilians, some of them in awe with the teenager, others looking at them like they're going to cause trouble.

Myla smiles at the civilians, as they keep rolling across the city.

“Help! Someone's robbing the jewelry store!” someone screamed, Myla turns their head to where the voice was calling. They saw people standing by the jewelry store, completely panicked. Armed robbers inside the store.