Chapter 20

It has been weeks since the encounter between Octavius and the three villains, he's being kept safe under the watchful eyes of the cops. His father spoiled him for the past couple of weeks, as well as acting overprotective of his son.

The media had already made this into a new story, they blurred Octavius’ face as well as keeping him under a different name to avoid any further problems with other citizens. His friends knew what had happened, and they promised to keep quiet about this situation.

Everything changed since that night, his friends had been extra cautious whenever they went out together, Sacajawea worried about him non-stop like a worried mother. His father said to him to call whenever he'll be coming home late. Larry had been checking up on him like a worried dad, Teddy was visiting the library from time to time. Ahkmenrah went out of his dorm to see him, Attila gave him lots of gifts and checking on him for some reason.

But he had noticed that Jedediah changed as well, Octavius noticed that the blonde had been trying to push Octavius away. But Octavius didn't give up on trying to still hang out with Jedediah even though the blonde had been distant.

Today, he wanted to ask Jed if he wanted to go out with him for lunch break. He had noticed that the blonde was making up excuses just to not hang out with him and this deeply saddened Octavius, and Sacajawea noticed this.

“Are you gonna ask him out for lunch again?” the woman asked, Octavius nodded “Yes, I'm not gonna give up on this.” he said with determination, his eyes were filled with courage as he started to walk towards his friend.

“Jedediah.” he tapped on the Texan's shoulder, Jedediah turned his head to him and his eyes widened in surprise “Oh! Octavius, howdy..” he mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

“I was just wondering if you wanted to join me out for lunch?” the brunette asked, as he leaned closer to Jedediah with his fist clenched together in an excited manner. Jed blushed, slightly backing away “Oh-- well I'm sorry pardner, my older brother already made me packed lunch so not today..”

Octavius felt a sudden wave of sadness fall over him, as he backed away “Oh! Don't worry, that's fine maybe next time.” he tried not to frown, the brunette smiled to hide away his sadness. “Uh yeah, sorry Octy..” Octavius smiles once more “It's no big deal! Don't worry.”

Octavius starts to walk past Jedediah as his smile fades and a frown settles on his face. He opens the library doors and walks through them, before closing them shut.

––––

Jedediah didn't like the fact that he was avoiding Octavius, it hurt him so much but he needed to do this in order to protect him and avoid his friend getting hurt again.

The blonde just stared at the doors, having second thoughts on either staying or going with Octavius. Suddenly, he felt someone tap on his shoulder, he turned his head and saw Sacajawea.

She looked a little more tired these days, I guess if you're now pregnant for five months these things happen to you. Jed whispered a smile “Hi Sac, may I help ya?” the lady shakes her head. “I've been noticing that you and Octavius haven't been spending much time together. Is there something wrong?” she asked.