chapter 22

The idea of having dinner with the Smith brothers never really crossed Octavius’ mind, but now thanks to his father, the brothers will be eating with them tonight.

“Father! Is the macaroni and cheese done yet? I could use a hand in finishing this chicken and gravy!” Octavius said, panick clearly heard in his voice.

The old man hums “It's almost done, but you should get yourself ready first young man. You look like a mess.” Julius said, Octavius looked down at himself to see gravy stains on his white shirt, “Oh dear Jupiter, help me get through tonight..” he mumbled, as he made his way to his room and closed the door.

In his room, Octavius took a white long sleeve shirt and a red sleeveless cardigan. The brunette also put on dark blue formal pants, he was panicking as he brushed his hair, trying to keep it clean and tidy.

“Oh..I usually like spending time with Jedediah but I'm not usually used to having family dinners like this..” he muttered to himself, as the Italian sat on his bed.

His phone rings, and he picks it up and sees the contact. It was Jedediah, Octavius had already told him his address so they shouldn't have any trouble with coming here. The brunette picks up the call and puts the phone to his ear, “Yes Jedediah?”

“Hi mister Octavius! I wanted to call you and say we're almost there!” Octavius smiled upon hearing little Ira's voice.

“Oh! Hello Ira, that's good. I'll wait outside the house for you all.” the brunette stood up from his bed and went out his bedroom to see his father done with preparing the dinner table. “Father, I'll just be outside to wait for the Smith brothers.” Julius nods and smiles, as Octavius goes out of the house.

“Ira, can you tell your brother something?” Octavius spoke through the phone, “Yeah sure! What is it?”

The brunette stood out on the front of his house, blush making it's way to his face, “Can you tell him I miss him?” he hears Ira giggle “Okay!” Octavius couldn't help smile.

He hears giggling in the background, and he knows that the Smith brothers heard what Octavius said, causing the brunette to blush even more, “Bubba, mister Octavius said he misses you!” he hears more giggling.

“Alright Lucas, gimme my phone..” Octavius heard Ira give the phone to Jed and Jedediah clears his throat “We're almost there Tavi, and uh..”

“I miss you too...” Jed whispers through the phone, the brunette blushes even more, as he hears muffled laughter on the other end “Alright, bye.” he hung up the phone and inhaled.