Like Father, Like Daughter

Kudos to ms. Creative-chaos-apparently on Tumblr and on Ao3 for letting me borrow baby Julia^^<3

Also, this takes place in the future, if you're wondering

It was a bright and early morning, Jedediah was walking back from the playground with his daughter Julia, he promised he'd take her there since she's been wanting to play on the moneky bars.

“Pa, d'ya think papá will be proud of me when I tell ‘im I can hang on the monkey bars for a long time?” Julia asked, Jedediah nods, a proud smile on his face “Of course June bug! You're papá will be so happy when he hears that.”

“Meow” they both hear the cries of a kitten, Julia looks around the ground to see if there were any kittens but there were none, “Meow” they hear it again.

The little girl walks closer to a bunch of bushes, “Wait June bug, you might get hurt by the branches.” Jedediah said calmly, stopping his daughter. Julia points to the bushes “Pa, there's kittens here.” she said with a bright smile on her face.

Jedediah looks into the bushes to see a box full of five kittens, all of them crying and crawling around. The blonde man picks up the box and Julia cooes “Awe, poor kitties...Pa let's take ‘em home!” she exclaimed.

Jedediah nods “Yeah sure! An’ we can name ‘em right?” he asked, his daughter nods and hops excitedly. “Yeah!! I'll name ‘em Umbra, Meraki, an’ pancake...”

––––

Octavius walked downstairs to the living room, he had just finished making the bed and he was curious as to what his husband and his daughter were doing since they already arrived home from the playground.

“I hope papá won't get mad!” the brunette hears Julia's small voice exclaim. Octavius stands by the corner of the doorway, just listening to the father and daughter talk.

“I know he won't, but if he does get mad, we'll just use our secret weapon.” Jedediah says before little Julia giggles. Octavius finally enters the room, “What are you two talking about?” he asks, making the father and daughter flinch and quickly stand up.

“Tavius! Hey hon..” Jedediah said, smiling sheepishly. This raised Octavius’ suspicion, he turns his gaze onto his daughter's. Julia was avoiding his eyes which made the pair more suspicious.

Behind the father and daughter, Octavius noticed that there was a box with a bunch of holes. “What's in the box?” the brunette asked, trying to walk around them.

Julia tries to block his path, she opened her arms and stood protectively “Papá ain't allowed to pass!” she exclaimed, furrowing her eyebrows. This made Octavius raise a curious eyebrow, “Julia, what are you two hiding?”

“Meow”

The box meowed, which means one thing. Before Octavius could move, Jedediah stops him with a kiss on the cheek “Jedediah!” he accidentally shouts, his face bright red as he sees their daughter grin playfully.

“I just..wanted to show you some love!” the blonde man said, kissing him even more, making Octavius redden even more.

“Yeah! Pa wants to smoochy kiss ya!” their daughter teased, giggling. Octavius makes an embarrassed expression, normally he's alright with his husband giving him kisses but not right now.

“Jedediah Gaius-Smith!” the Italian said in a stern tone, making Jed instantly stop kissing him. Octavius goes to the box and opens it, revealing five kittens, all wrapped around in towels.

He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Octavius turns his head to look at his husband and daughter, both of them were giggling and smiling sheepishly.

“One cat is enough, I don't think we can handle six..” he said, both of them frown “But papá!! It's necessary to have six of cats!! I promise!” Julia exclaims, raising her arms upwards.

Jedediah picks up their daughter and they both look at each other, “Please don't use the faces on me..” Octavius mumbles, a smile on his face starting to be visible.

After a few moments, Julia and Jedediah look at Octavius, both of them putting on puppy dog eyes, as they pout cutely. The brunette tries to shield the looks on their faces, but he couldn't resist.

Octavius laughs, walking up to the father and daughter, hugging them both “Alright we'll keep the kittens!” he said, still laughing.

Jedediah and Julia look at each other “Yay!” they both exclaim, hugging Octavius back.

“Meow” they hear the oldest cat Henry, entering the living room. “Hiya Henry! Hope yer alright with havin’ siblings.” Julia said, greeting the chubby cat. Henry meows, looking unamused.

“Pa, papá, please put me down. I need to introduce Henry to his lil’ siblings.” she requested, “Alright then June bug.” Jedediah said, gently putting his daughter down on the floor.

The little girl goes up to the old cat and puts him on the couch, she soon takes the box full of kittens and gently places them on the coffee table. She takes Henry and carefully places him on her lap, “Okay Henry, this one here is Umbra, an’ this is Juno, pancake and...” she trails off.

Octavius rests his head on his husband's shoulder, both of them still hugging each other. “You know you're going to clean up the cat litter, right?” Jedediah quickly turns his head to look at his husband, Octavius snickers.