Chapter 13

Birds twittered happily as the sun was shining brightly-so brightly that it was just enough to come through Octavius' fancy curtains and hit him directly in the face. The brunette groans as tries to sit up from his bed.

"What a night.." he mutters under his breath, he was about to get out his fluffly and comfortable resting place but he feels something heavy laying down on his lap. The Italian looks on his lap and sees Henry sleeping on top of him, purring amusingly.

Octavius wanted to take his cat and put him somewhere else but he isn't cruel. Instead, he just waits for the cat to get up on his own and hopefully let Octavius get ready for work. The Italian just flops his back onto his bed, letting his thoughts wander.

I wonder why Explorer helped me last night.. He's supposed to be bad, right?..

What if he's actually a good guy and he wants to change...no.. Explorer couldn't possibly..

Octavius gets his phone wich was resting on his drawer, the brunette unlocks it and he immediately gets notifications and articles about the fire last night. By some miracle, this problem got so much attention, even news channels from the bigger cities started to talk about it as well.

He clicks on one of the articles and starts reading.

"Last night a huge fire was reported spreading across the docks of Yorktown, a small city near the ocean.."

The article kept going, showing pictures of burnt boats and the damage done on the docks.

"Thankfully, the small city's hero- Augustus- managed to stop the fire with the help of the city's number one villain-The Explorer."

A picture shows the city's mayor William McKinley. The mayor had an upset expression on his face "I am very grateful that Augustus had managed to stop the fire. Although we need to do something about these villains that keep wreaking havoc. Even of The Explorer helped our hero, that is still no excuse for him for working with the Pharaoh and robbing our banks or our food supplies."

The mayor spoke ill if the Explorer, even if he did help Octavius stop the fire from spreading.

Octavius closes his phone and sighs to himself, his thoughts were running all at once and his head started to hurt. He heard a ringing in his ears. Henry miraculously sat up and left Octavius' bed "Thank goodness"

Octavius gets up from the bed but his vision suddenly turns blurry. He immediately sits back down on his bed as he massages his temples.

"Probably normal, this has been happening for a few days now.. it's no big deal.."

----

"Good day everyone..." Octavius Gaius mutters out, the library staff greet him a good day as well. While the Italian sits behind his desk, Sacajawea walks up to him "Are you alright? You seem..Tired.." she says, aching up an eyebrow.

Octavius didn't look great, he had dark circles under his eyes, his dark brown hair wich had always been kept tidy was now ruffled. The brunette groans "I'm alright Sac, just a bit tired is all.." he rests his head on the desk.

The library doors open to reveal Jedediah Smith. His blonde hair all tangled, his eyes were swollen and red, it looked like he also had a bad night.

"Good day Jedediah." Sacajawea greeted calmly, the Texan nodded "Morning to you too mrs. Wea, Octavius.." the blonde said nothing else and made his way to the break room, leaving Sacajawea and Octavius alone in the main lobby.

Sacajawea puts a hand to her hip, What happened to them..? she thought, as she looked back and forth from Octavius to the break room. She sighed, not really knowing what to do.