chapter 3

It has been a week after the Explorer incident, and things went a bit quiet wich caused the police and Octavius to keep a sharp eye on their environment. Augustus and the police would sometimes meet in the station to theorize about the Explorer and his connection with the Pharaoh, and what they'd do if the villains wreaked havoc together once more.

But today it seems that Octavius doesn't have any time to stop at the station for a break, the library was too busy.

There were students crowding around, grabbing what type of books they need for school, too many books needed to be checked out at the front desk.

Octavius and Sacajawea are getting even more stressed by the second, so are the other library assistants.

“Octavius, I'll be back, I just need to put these books back.” Wea told him, as she placed a stack of books onto the trolley and wheeled away. Octavius sighed deeply, he looked at the line of students infront of him and couldn't help but internally cry.
––––
There weren't that many students left, some of them checked some books out to go read it at home, some of them stayed at the library to read there. But something off had captured Octavius’ attention. A tall blonde man with deep blue eyes was standing behind the desk with a bashful smile. Octavius had remembered those blue eyes, it was the same guy he bumped into last week.

“Yes sir, Can I help you?” Octavius asked the blonde man, the other seemed hesitant to ask, but continued asking anyway “Do you think I can get a job here?” Octavius beamed, it'd be nice to have more workers to help them right now, especially on exam weeks.

“Of course! I can interview you immediately if you'd like.” The other man nodded reluctantly, he seemed to be nervous “Wea please take over the desk for me, I'll be back.”
––––
Jedediah doesn't know how he got a job so quickly, considering it'd be a library assistant job. But nevertheless, he's glad he found one to help him earn money.

“Alrighty boss, what do you need me to do?” Jed asked Octavius– the man who interviewed him– The other man thought for a while, before telling him the job he needed to do.

“I need you to put these books back on their shelves, pretty simple for your first day.” Jedediah nodded and Octavius handed him stacks of books to put back.

“I won't disappoint you boss!” It might've been Jed's imagination but he swore he saw Octavius slightly smile at him.
––––
“Hello, you're the new guy, right?” a beautiful woman with black braids asked Jedediah. The blonde nodded cheerfully “Pleasure to meet ya! I'm Jedediah Smith or Jed for short.” the woman smiled “Sacajawea, pleasures all mine Jed.”

She watched as Jedediah stacked books back on their shelves, humming quietly to herself “So Sac, do you have anyone waiting for you at home? If you don't mind me asking.”

Wea nods “I have a husband, his name Is Theodore Roosevelt, I'm sure you've heard of him?”

Theodore Roosevelt is someone running for city's mayor. So far he's doing a great job at campaigning and marketing, Jedediah and Austin are planning to vote for him this upcoming election.

“Yeah! I have a lot of respect towards that fellar, real nice guy I tell ya.” Wea smiles happily towards Jed. “Maybe you'd like to join me and Octavius later? We're eating out with some friends and Teddy's going to be there as well.” she offered.

Jedediah's smile drops slightly “I'm sorry Wea, but I don't think I can join y'all. I have some important plans to attend to.” despite the decline, Wea is still smiling “I understand Jed, maybe next time?” Jedediah doesn't know if he can attend. But he still nods.
––––
“Jedediah, I've heard that Wea offered you dinner with us earlier?” Octavius sneaks up behind him, to where the blonde flinches.