Rubbed Raw

I woke up as we arrived in town. The walls that hid the garden from view stood tall and proud right beside the shops that lined the streets. Casi was no longer in the carriage with me, he must have left sometime last night after I fell asleep.

"We should be reaching the gates of the garden soon," Sel called from the front of the carriage.

"Okay," I called back a wave of nausea washing over me.

I threw off the blankets, grabbing my shoes and slipping them on. I began folding the blankets. Organizing the inside of the carriage and making sure everything was neat. I frowned at how wrinkled the clothes I was wearing had gotten, but it was better than the soiled dress that we ended up leaving behind.

It wasn't long before we arrived at the gates of the garden. There was a large building built into the side of the stone walls. A few other carriages were waiting outside the gate, a female dressed in a red gown was being walked into the building, her dark curls bouncing with every step she took.

"Here we are." Sel said, halting the carriage near the others.

I waited until Dran opened the door to step out of the carriage, taking hold of his hand. He smiled, but it wasn't like the easy-going smiles we had shared before coming here. I gave his hand a tight squeeze before dropping it, raising my head as another female stepped out of a carriage.

She frowned when she saw me, but quickly moved on, straightening her gray dress. I gritted my teeth, turning to look at the males that had gathered cautiously around me.

"Thank you," I said to them, forcing a bright smile, "Make sure Casi gets to a healer as soon as you leave."

"Of course," Dran replied, "Good luck in there. Try not to rip out anyone's throat."

I let out a nervous giggle, my hands beginning to shake, "I hope to see you all again soon."

They all said goodbye, their faces grim as I walked away. Taking deep breaths I walked up to the wooden door, tugging it open. Lanterns lit the corridor and I walked down it slowly, wondering where everyone was. I ended up in front of another door, the sound of feminine voices coming from within.

After knocking twice and receiving no answer I opened the door slowly, peeking inside. Nobles and commoners were standing around in the bare room. There wasn't so much as a carpet on the stone floor as I stepped inside.

There was one other female dressed in black, she had the king's crest stitched above her left breast. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a tight knot and her red lips pulled down in a serious frown. She stood next to the door, seemingly keeping count of each female that arrived. As I fully stepped into the room she approached me.

"Marking?" She asked, reaching for my wrist.

I held out my arm, waiting nervously as she inspected the crescent moon that branded me as one of the chosen. She stepped away nodding and recounting the females in the room.

"Now that everyone is almost here we can get started." She said loudly, making all of the females fall silent. "I will be sending you through one of these two doors where a priestess will take your clothing and bathe you."

The females in the room frowned and those that had seemed excited were now shifting nervously. I stayed pressed against the wall, watching as the female opened one of the doors.

"Who is going first?" She asked, frown deepening as no one stepped forward. "Someone has to."

"I will," I said suddenly, deciding it would be best to get this over with.

She raised her eyebrow, "Name?"

"Aslin Vanders." I replied smoothly, walking towards her to step through the door.

"You can go," She said, letting me walk through the door before slamming it shut behind me.

"Hello there," A female called from the other side of the large tub in the middle of the room. "I am sister Faline."

"Hello," I replied, "I'm Aslin Vanders."

"Lovely to meet you," She said with a warm smile, "Please take off your clothes and then step into the bath."

I nodded, "Could you please turn?"

"Sure," She turned around, letting me have some idea of privacy.

I quickly pulled off my shirt, dropping it to the floor. I checked to make sure she wasn't looking before taking off my pants and kicking off my shoes. The cold air pricked my skin and I quickly stepped into the water. I shuddered, the water was colder than the air. My muscles spasmed as I forced the rest of my body into the water.

"I'm r-ready," I forced out through clenched teeth.

"Sorry about the cold," She said, as she turned to face me, "I have some special soaps to bathe you in. It won't be too long before we are done, please be patient with me."

"Of course sister," I replied, squeezing my eyes shut.

Her warm hands pressed against my back, making me lean forward as she scrubbed at my back. I snorted as the floral smell filled the air, tickling my nose. Sister Faline continued to scrub my body until my skin felt raw from all the rubbing. Finally her warm hands left my chilled body.

"All done," She said with a smile, "You can get out now, dear."

"Thank you," I said softly, holding onto the side of the tub as I carefully stepped out.

"Towels are by that door dear." She said, pointing towards the door on the far side of the room. "Just go through to the waiting area."

"Thank you," I repeated, quickly grabbing myself a towel off the wrack and wrapping myself up.

I slipped through the door, noting the presence of another stern faced female. Turning away from her I quickly wiped myself down, wringing out my long hair with the towel. Wrapping my naked body back in the towel. This room was also unfurnished, so I paced the room, keeping my body warm through movement.

Slowly the room filled with females, and through another door came the females that had headed into the other bathing chamber.When all the females arrived wrapped in fluffy white towels like myself the female wearing the king's crest stood in the center of the room and cleared her throat loudly.

"Now that everyone has arrived we will be releasing you all into the garden." She declared, "You will have one hour before the males are released and the mating run begins. You have all been bathed in a herb that will attract your future bonded. Do. Not. Try to find the males."

"Why?" A female asked. "Isn't the goal to get them to claim us?"

"It is." The female in the king's crest replied, "But if you happen to come upon a group of male that are all going to be trying to claim you it will increase the risk of injury and death. Now, I will open the door behind me and you will leave your towels behind. You will run as far as you can into the garden, got it?"

There was a chorus of agreement as I shifted nervously, rocking back and forth from the heel of my foot to my toes. She stepped away from the door, opening it wide. The first few nervous females made their way into the hall, dropping their towels as they went. I followed the others dropping my towel with a grimace as I left the room, jogging down the corridor.

I clasped a hand over my breasts as I jogged, keeping my breasts from bouncing painfully. Light was shining at the end of the hall, the open door allowing us to run unimpeded. When I finally reached the end I slowed, taking in the fading sunlight and the chilled air. It had begun misting and my toes were going numb from the cold and wet.

The others were also pausing, though some had immediately taken off into the forest stretched out before us. Shivering I shifted into my lycan form, using it to produce more warmth. My braid smacked against my back as I headed into the forest, my eyes quickly adjusting to the darkness.

I kept running, my feet digging into the soft earth as I moved. Rustling sounded beside me, the thudding footsteps of the other female soon faded as I picked up speed. Ducking the low tree branches as I moved.

Hello guys! I sorted out the problems way sooner than I thought, and I am now a Wattpad Creator! I will be posting the next chapter shortly! Favorite character?