Omega*

I yawned, the sun had just begun to rise and I wasn't ready to face the world yet. My bed was empty, but I couldn't figure out why I had woken until a door clicked shut.

There stood my mountain of a mate. He was shirtless, his dark hair slightly damp. Silver eyes narrowed as he took in my position.

"Comfy?" Az asked, his serious expression cracking with a soft smile.

I stretched out a hand to him, "Come join me."

My male's grin widened, he shut the door behind him, long legs striding across the room quickly. I pulled back the covers and he quickly joined me, groaning happily and stretching out on the bed.

"What were you up to?" I asked.

We laid there for a while, talking and listening to how Azrael had left to go meet up with Casi, Sel, and Rasten. Eventually my stomach began to growl and Az had to make sure the set up for the ball was going well.

Azrael and I got up, going through the closet that the servants had organized our clothes into. Pulled out a dark blue dress, it still poofed out at my hips, but there were less layers of fabric to it then there normally was. Az put on a white button-down, his muscles filling out the shirt in a way that was sinful. Or maybe my body's response to seeing his muscles bulging in the tight fabric was the sinful part?

"Don't look at me like that," Az growled, taking a threatening step closer to me.

"Why not?" I sassed, "You look so good I could eat you."

"Beautiful," He growled, grabbing my neck in one large hand, "I wanted to take you into the city today, but when you look at me like that I think it's better if we stay locked up in this room all day."

I grinned, "I wouldn't be opposed to either."

"Such a naughty mouth," Az growled, releasing his hold on my neck, "Come on. You'll get everything you need tonight, but for now... Let me show you the city I grew up in."

"Okay," I grinned, slipping into a pair of flats, "Let's go."

~~~

"How do you feel about my family?" My mate asked suddenly.

We were sitting in a small restaurant, sipping on imported coffee. I had laughed when my big, powerful, intimidating male began heaping sugar into the bitter drink.

"They are very nice," I replied, choosing the safest option. "Why do you ask?"

"Because," He reached across the table, grasping my hand and giving me a smile, "I've never had someone that makes me worry about what they think like you do."

"You don't need to worry about what I think," I rubbed his palm with my thumb, "I'm yours forever, even if your family hated me I would still want to be with you."

"I'm glad to hear you say that," My mate's smile faded.

"What's wrong?"

Az rubbed his free hand over his face, "Moonlight operrates differently than most places and I'm worried about how you will react to it."

"I'll be fine as long as you are with me," I grinned at him, laughing when he rolled his eyes at the cheesy line. "Besides Killian will be there as well right?"

"Of course," Az nodded, "Though he hasn't always been the most reliable male. I'm just hoping he won't end up in one of the back rooms with a female."

"I thought he's changed?" I tilted my head in confustion.

"He has," Az muttered, "But I'm always worried about him. He doesn't face his problems very well and I wonder if a night there might be too much temptation for him."