Sweets and Seers

Azrael held my hand gently, escorting me towards Esmae's home. It had been two days since I had met Anna at the market, which meant that we were going to be meeting at Ruth's Delights today. My male had overheard me asking Casi if he could show me where it is and had immediately said that he was going to do it.

Esmae's house came into view and Azrael stepped forward to knock on the door. I stopped him quickly, not wanting to set off Garren by having another male asking for his female.

"Let me," I said, stepping around him to knock on the door.

I waited patiently for the door to open. Laughter echoing from inside the home. It only took a few moments for a breathless Esmae to open the door.

"Aslin," She beamed at me, her wide smile a relieving sight after spending so many days in the company of her tears. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm meeting a friend at Ruth's Delights and I was hoping you could join us," As soon as I said the last word a grumpy looking Garren was wrapping himself around his mate.

"Who is this friend?" He asked, eyes flicking towards Azrael who was standing a few feet away from me.

"Anna," I replied, "We are going to be talking about northern customs and the Lanis celebration."

"Will Grim be there?" Garren questioned, Esmae relaxing in his arms and letting him ask whatever he thought was necessary.

"I'm not sure," I glanced back towards Azrael, "Would you like to come with us as well, Garren? I suppose since Az has invited himself you might as well."

"Give us a few minutes," Esmae said, "We will be right out."

She shoved Garren back into the house quickly shutting the door. I turned and walked down the small steps, right into the arms of my mate.

"He seems better," I said, nuzzling into him.

"Sex will do that to a male," Azrael replied.

"Oh," I grinned, "You should ask him about the golden threads and knotting."

"Aslin," He groaned, "I'm not going to ask another male if he knotts his female. That's weird."

"What if knotting is weird?" I replied, "If you don't ask, we won't find out."

"Why can't you just ask Esmae?" He huffed, "I really don't want to-"

"Azrael," I snapped, "I will ask, and you will also ask. No one will ever know anything if you refuse to talk about it. Please."

"Fine," My male growled, placing a quick kiss on my lips, "You're lucky I love you."

"I know," I murmured, my face turning bright red at his words. "I love you, too."

The sound of a door opening pulled us apart, my face still resembled a tomato. Esmae and Garren were smirking at us from their place on the steps. I suddenly realized I had never spent time with the two of them together. Something told me that they both went from sweet and kind to devious.

"I see we weren't the only ones enjoying ourselves over the last few days," Esmae laughed, her wild curls now done up in a neat bun.

"Esmae," I scolded, placing my cool hands over my fiery skin.

"Let's go," Azrael said gruffly, gripping my hand and leading us towards our next destination.

Esmae chattered as we walked, pointing out different buildings and telling me about the people that owned them. Much to my dismay a lot of houses were in a state of disarray. Lacking the owners to take care of them. Most soldiers stayed at the castle where food and housing was free.