Found

"Boooooonnngggg..."

The sound echoed through the forest, and without needing to be told I knew that it was a warning. The sound of the horn signaled the release of the males. I froze, my hands trembling with fear and cold. I went to the largest tree I could find digging in my claws and heaving my tired body onto its branch.

I climbed the branches, splinters cutting into my hands. Panting, I slowly dragged my body close to the trunk of the tree. Howls sounded through the night air, sending shivers down my spine as the male lycans began to hunt.

Wrapping my arms around my cold body I sent up a prayer to the mother that I could make it through the night without being found. The moon was hidden by the red and gold leaves still clinging to the tree, keeping any of its light from filtering through. The leaves made it harder to see, but they were also blocking the wind from worsening the cold.

The mist had stopped, but it had lasted long enough to coat everything in water. My bottom was wet and the frigged air was sinking into my skin. The chilled claws of the coming winter scraping against me. I reached down, holding my toes with my hands in an effort to keep them from falling off. The night was just beginning, and I could tell it was going to be a long one.

~~~

Sharp pains stabbed my stomach as I moved off of the tree branch. I desperately needed to go to the restroom and had spent the night dozing off and on. Howls had been sounding throughout the night and I was almost certain that I had heard some of the males fighting not far from where I had taken shelter.

Dropping to the forest floor in a low crouch I shifted away from the tree I had slept in. Taking short, quick breaths to scent anything unusual. Deciding that the coast was clear I crept through the forest, quickly relieving myself before continuing.

Screams sounded in the distance, followed by loud bellows as males fought over what must be a female. Shuddering at the thought of that poor girl being stuck between two fighting males I scented the air again. The wind was blowing towards me, bringing the scents to me, but it could also be bringing my scent towards any males behind me.

I slipped on the wet leaves, landing with a groan on the forest floor. Rolling onto my back I let out a long sigh gazing up at the canopy. Sitting up slowly I remembered the words of my father. Find someone who can protect you. I stood, my bones aching, I wasn't used to holding a shift for this long and it was quickly becoming painful.

Cracks sounded from my body, pain splintering through me. I had shifted back into my human form with much relief. Taking time to stretch out my aching limbs, my neck cracking when I twisted to look around. Hunger still clawed at my stomach, I needed to find something to eat quickly lest I get sick.

I kept walking through the forest, hoping that I would find something edible. Giggling excitedly when I finally found something to eat. I walked up to the blueberry bush, kneeling down to look at the small berries still clinging to it.

"Hello there," I whispered, staring at the scraggly blueberry bush I had stumbled upon.

"Hello!" The bush replied excitedly, "I've been looking for one of you."

I whipped around, my braid thwacking against my arm as I turned. A thin male stood before me, grinning crookedly as he stared at me. His face was very unkempt, a patchy beard growing upon it. Dark blue eyes glimmered with excitement; he took a step forward.

"So pretty," He growled, his eyes roaming over my naked body.

I quickly covered myself, hiding the most important places with my hands. Forcing myself to partial shift as I bared my teeth at the male, making sure my eyes never dipped below his waist. The male grinned wider, seemingly vibrating with excitement.

Hope you all enjoyed! Please make sure to comment!