Abandoned

I woke slowly, surrounded by darkness and cold. Shivering I sat up, shifting my eyes so I could see in the dark. The cave was empty, Azrael disappeared like he had never been. Stretching my legs and wiggling my toes I looked around the dark cave, expecting to find someone's eyes staring back at me.

Deciding that the cave was blessedly empty I crept to the entrance. For someone that had been so worried about me escaping he wasn't very good at keeping an eye on me. Stifling a yawn, I peered out of the entrance, half hoping that he would be waiting for me. I stepped out of the cave after deciding that he wasn't going to pop out from behind a tree to scare me.

I let the change wash over me, enjoying the familiar pain. The moon hung full and heavy overhead, providing light as I tilted my head to the sky. Taking long pulls of the chilled air making sure there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I waited for Azrael for a few minutes, eventually deciding that he had probably found some other female that was more to his liking.

It had been quite warm earlier in the day, hopefully enough so that I would be able to make myself a fire. I set out away from the cave, gathering dry leaves and branches as I went. Once I had gathered an armful of branches, I began the short walk back to the cave.

"Lost?" A raspy voice called from behind me.

I jumped, clutching the branches to my chest as I spun to face yet another male. It was becoming seriously annoying. All of these males seemed intent on popping up behind me to scare me.

"I'm not lost," I growled, "I'm heading back to my mate."

"Really?" He chuckled, "I don't see any claiming marks on you. Besides, no sane male would let their mate gather wood without them."

"He is hunting right now," I lied, clenching my teeth. "I suggest you leave before he shows up."

"I think I'll take my chances," He replied, stalking closer to me, "You smell so good."

"Go away, creep." I snapped, dropping all the branches aside from the thickest one. "I'm taken."

"You will be," He purred, eyes turning black as he shifted. "You're mine now, pretty."

"Pretty?" I bit out, grinding my teeth together.

He didn't reply, lunging forwards to grab me. I side stepped him, something he clearly didn't expect as he crashed face first into a tree. Snarling he stood, blood pouring from the large gash in his nose.

"You'll pay for that, bitch."

He tried to grab me again, but I knocked his arm aside. He clearly didn't have any training if I was able to fend off his advances this easily. The male roared, grabbing onto the end of my branch.

"Last chance." He growled, attempting to tug it away from me.

"I feel like I should be saying that." I grinned, using his own strength against him and slamming the jagged end of the branch into his face. "Give up yet?"

He fell to his knees, eyes glassy, "No response? Okay."

I slammed the branch into his face as hard as I could. His face was completely covered in blood and he swayed. I grinned when he finally fell unconscious, his eyes rolling into the back of his head before face planting.

"I'll have you know that I am stunning," I smirked down at him, "Not just pretty."

Gathering up the rest of the branches and leaves I finished walking back to the cave. Azrael still hadn't returned and I decided that he really wouldn't be coming back. I laid out the branches near the front of the cave so the smoke would be able to funnel out. After a few attempts I was finally able to light a fire as small as it was. Heavy footsteps sounded from outside the cave and I grabbed my bloodied stick.

"Go away or I'll beat your skull in too." I snarled, jumping to my feet.

I wasn't able to see the male's face, but I could vaguely make out the shape of him. Angry growls came from him as he stepped forward, revealing Azrael's large body.

"You left?" He growled, stepping inside. "I knew I couldn't trust you."

I scoffed, dropping the stick, "You were the one who left, I thought that you had found someone else to bond with."

"Why would I have found someone else?" He clenched his jaw, "More importantly, why is there blood on that stick?"

I grinned, showing off my sharp teeth, "Someone didn't understand the word no. I gave him a quick lesson before coming back here."

"Good." He replied, his eyes glimmering with interest. "Do you often give etiquette lessons?"

"Only when needed," I frowned, scooching closer to the fire, "Why did you leave?"

"You were hungry," He replied, stepping back out of the cave, "I went to find something to eat."

"And you didn't think to wake me and let me know you had decided to go hunting?" I snapped, watching as he brought in a small hog.

"I didn't think it would be a good idea to wake you." He said stiffly, "Besides it looked like you needed the rest."

I huffed, staying quiet as he settled down on the other side of the cave. Azrael shifted, using his claws to skin the small animal. His eyes occasionally flicked up to look at me before focusing on the hog again. He placed it on the coals, the heat causing it to spit and sputter as the pig cooked.

My stomach ached painfully and I clutched my stomach, furrowing my brows. Azrael stood, taking the skin with him as he left the cave. I stared into the dying fire, adding another thick branch to the coals. The heat soaked into me, warming my freezing toes.

"Cold?" Azrael asked when he reentered the large cave.

"Of course I am," I replied, glaring at him, "I'm sure a knight like yourself is used to the cold, but I haven't had to stay out all night in the middle of autumn before."

He frowned, coming to sit beside me this time, "Come here then."

"What?" I stared at him, my eyes flicking down to his bare chest. "You're naked! I'm naked!"

"I won't do anything," He sighed, wrapping a heavy arm around my shoulders and tugging me into his side. "I'm just trying to keep you warm. Relax."

I remained tense, but it was nice having the warmth of his body and the fire heating me. The smell of roasting meat filled the cave, so I looked up at him.

"Aren't you worried about predators coming to find the food?" I asked, trembling when his gray eyes met mine.

"Are you that scared of me?" He asked, ignoring my question.

"I don't know you," I replied, deciding it would be best if he didn't know how being pressed against him was affecting me.

"Okay, what would you like to know?" He asked, his thumb swiping gently on my shoulder, his calluses scratching against my skin.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I am an only child. What about you?" He replied, gray eyes focusing on me.

"I have two older brothers. My eldest brother is training to be the next viscount after my father, and his mate is going to be having a baby soon. My second eldest brother is studying at the Walren Academy." I smiled, thinking about my family. "What about your parents? They must be so proud that you've become a knight."

Azrael froze, looking away from me, "My parents don't know. They passed away when I was younger."

My heart clenched and I immediately turned, getting onto my knees so I could wrap my arms around him. His body tensed and I realized what I had done. My breasts were firmly pressed against his chest and his arm had slipped to my waist. Before I could pull away, he moved, wrapping both of his arms tightly around me.

Just so you are aware naughty scenes will be happening in one of the upcoming chapters!