Chased

"Leave me alone," I growled, stepping away from the male and the blueberry bush.

"You're the first female I've found," He huffed, following me as I backed away, "I'm not letting you go."

I laughed loudly, throwing my head back, "You're settling for the first female you find? How sad."

"What do you mean?" He asked, stopping his advances.

"I am just surprised that you're settling for a commoner," I explained, "Wouldn't it be better for you and your family if you found someone of noble ranking?"

"Of course," He replied with a frown. "How am I supposed to tell which female is a noble?"

"I work for some nobles," I replied, "I know for a fact that noble females will just be sitting and waiting for someone to find them. Have you ever seen a noble actually put in effort for something? They always wait for someone like us to do it for them."

The blue eyed male nodded, "You're right, thank you. Good luck in here."

With that he jogged away, believing all of my lies. I let out a loud sigh, shoulders sagging as I relaxed. First run in with a male went far better than I had expected, I can't believe he fell for that.

"I can't believe he fell for that," A deep voice rumbled from behind me.

I turned again, my view immediately blocked by someone's large, muscular chest. Slowly tilting my head to look at the behemoth of a male standing very close to me. Silver eyes met my blue ones, the male smirking down at me.

"Does that mean it won't work on you?" I asked, stepping back from him and averting my eyes to keep from seeing anything untoward.

"Sadly not," He replied, "Who are you?"

"Who are you?" I repeated, taking another step away from the handsome male.

"Azrael," The male said easily, "And you?"

"Aslin," I took another step away, my eyes finding his as I plotted my escape.

"Where do you think you're going?" Azrael asked, his gray eyes tracking my movements. "I'd advise you not to run from me, Aslin."

"Why not?" I stilled, muscles tensing.

"I'm a predator," He growled, "You running will just make me want you more."

"But there is also a chance that I could escape," I countered, butterflies fluttering to life in my stomach as he shifted his feet.

"Unlikely," Azrael replied with a grin, "You're welcome to try, but when I catch you I won't be letting you go again."

"I think I'll take my chances," I shivered with excitement, letting the shift roll over me so I might have some advantage.

"I'll even give you a head start," He rumbled, eyes darkening. "Ten-"

I spun on my heel, sprinting away from him as fast as my legs could carry me. Zagging through the trees, my feet slipping on the wet leaves covering the forest floor. There was no way I'd be able to outrun him, my only hope was to go somewhere he couldn't.

I leapt onto the nearest tree, heaving my tired body onto its lowest branch. There was a loud thud from below, and I peered down to see the gray eyed male looking up at me. Squeaking in surprise I quickly climbed higher out of his reach. Peering down once again to see his annoyed face. He hadn't shifted completely, but his gray eyes had turned black as he looked up at me.

I shivered again as I met those dark eyes, the more beastly part of me quivering in unchecked excitement. I had lived a very sheltered life up until this point and had never had a male look at me like that. Like he needed to have me.