Lessons in Being a Lady

I watched my large male walk away, shifting himself awkwardly as he adjusted his member. I should be happy right now, I was fed and safe. Casi was fully healed and had checked in with me at the festival, but all I felt was unease.

More than anything I wanted to be home again. It was finally sinking in that I was stuck here. Stuck with a male who didn't really want me for anything other than sex and to fill in while he was away. At least he had been nice to me, I could have been stuck with a worse male. The face of the male I had beaten unconscious flashed in my mind.

If my mother were here she would have gasped dramatically. Thanking the goddess that I was okay. My father would have nodded and told me that he had expected nothing less from his only daughter. My brothers would have growled and asked what he looked like so they could finish the job.

My eyes welled with loneliness, the proof of my sorrow dripping down my face. I had never spent so much time without my family. Who knew it would hurt this bad?

Sobs wracked my body, the soft noise quickly followed by the sound of pounding footsteps. Azrael burst into the room, his muscles tense and eyes black, they flicked around the room looking for threats. Deciding I was safe he quickly moved towards me, hesitating before kneeling before me again.

"What is wrong?" He asked softly, his voice a balm to the pain splintering through my heart.

"I want to go home." I blubbered, his calloused hands brushing at the tears spilling down my cheeks. "I miss my family."

The towering male kneeling in front of me chuckled, "Don't worry, I sent someone to go invite them here our first night out of the garden. They should arrive within a week. I don't-"

I crashed into him, gripping his shirt in a steely grip as our lips pressed together. He responded quickly, large arms wrapping around me. Engulfing me in the warm safety of his body. Letting out a pained groan he pulled away, looking down at me with melted silver.

"Settle down, beautiful," He murmured, his thumb brushing against my puffy lips, "We have plenty of time to do all that tomorrow. You need rest."

I frowned, the ache between my legs defying his words.

"I grabbed you a nightdress," Azrael said, grabbing the soft cotton dress that he had let fall to the floor. "Do you need help unlacing your dress?"

~~~

Shifting under the soft furs I turned to look at Az, his broad chest rising and falling peacefully as he slept. He passed out as soon as his head touched the pillows. The days of travel had caught up to him quickly, and his hardened face had smoothed out as soon as he fell asleep.

Lifting a hand I traced the hard angle or his jaw line, admiring the face that had been sculpted by the goddess herself. He mumbled something in his sleep, nuzzling into my touch. For someone so large and intimidating he looked so soft and innocent as he slept. I thanked the goddess for having me be claimed by someone who was so concerned and gentle with me.

It would be hard to adjust to life here, but I would do it. I would make sure this male beside me would have no reason to worry when he left with the Prince. Placing my head on his chest I let the sound of his soft breaths and his heart beat lull me to sleep.

~~~

Boom.

The clap of thunder filled the quiet room and I sat up. Looking around fearfully before a large arm wrapped itself around my waist, pulling me down and back into Azrael's hard chest. He nuzzled into my hair, his hand sweeping up and down my covered stomach. His member prodded my lower back insistently.