The Snapshot

A late Saturday evening, on Alex's back porch, her friend Katy snuck up behind her. Alex was staring off into space, as she often did, giving Katy the perfect opportunity. The sun was setting, casting its beautiful rays across the woods, painting brushstrokes of red, orange, and purple across the sky. Alex loved the way it looked; so peaceful.

Katy, with an old Polaroid camera in hand, approached her from behind. "BOO!" She yelled as she brought the camera up to snap a picture. Alex whipped around just as the flash lit up her face. "Gosh Katy!", she said laughing. "I probably look really stupid in that."

"You probably do." Katy said as the picture slid out of the camera. She took it and studied it. "Whoa! You look so serious and perfect, but your eyes!"
"What?", Alex said walking toward her and taking the photo.

Katy had snapped the photo at the perfect moment. Alex had spun around, her hair spinning in a perfect arc. She looked so serious, like a model. It just happened to be at a perfect angle. It looked like it was from a photo shoot. But the captivating part of the snapshot was her eyes. Instead of the bright, icy blue they normally were, they had a rainbow tint, like what you would see in a phototshop or a movie.

"Your eyes are rainbow!", Katy exclaimed. "It must be the light reflecting off of them", Alex said. "But it still looks really cool."

"Yeah it does!", Katy replied. "Look at me, an experienced photographer with her own unicorn model."

Alex laughed and started to prance around neighing. She put her hand on her forehead as a horn. "Neigh neigh neigh neigh neigh", she chanted.

"Come on, let's go post this on tumblr or something.", Katy said. Alex followed her inside with the photo. Little did they know what the rainbow eyes really were.