Remember Me

I looked around. I felt as if I knew this place; like I had been here before. I knew I hadn't, but I was still oddly familiar with my surroundings.

I took a deep breath and began to jog down the passageway along the pipe. The click of my boots echoed throughout the hall and I attempted to tread lighter. Another passageway came up on my left. I stopped and looked down it. That may have been the way the team went.
I stared at it for a few moments. No...no that's not right.

I shook my head and kept jogging. I soon reached a dead end. To my right and left were both more passageways. The pipe curved downwards here.

I looked left. Not that way. I looked right. I felt almost drawn to this direction - like I was retracing footsteps I hadn't taken. Go.

I took a another glance left and then began to run right. My heart pounded and I began to sweat in the humid area. I passed by electrical panels on the walls and dirty lights dangling above me. The stone walls were just like I had seen in my vibe. And I didn't like it. At all.

I slowed when another left passageway appeared. I looked down it and heard something. I held my breath and listened. I heard voices. They were faint, but they were voices. They sounded familiar. It was most likely the team. Might not want to go that way.
I turned and continued to silently tiptoe down the hallway.

Lucy!

The voice came from my earpiece. I walked a little faster.

Pike got a radio from Monroe! What are you doing?!?

It was Coulson's voice. And he was furious.

I reached up to my ear to press the button. "Um...what are you talking about?," I said, trying to keep my voice down.

I don't see you, Lucy. Where are you?

That was Skye's voice. I'm busted.

I stopped jogging. There was an short open stairwell going down in front of me, along with two more passageways to my right and left. I stared at the stairs. They seemed eerie and dark, but I felt it stronger now that ever. I was drawn to it.

Lucy!?!

Coulson's voice rang in my ear. I winced and pressed the button. In a low voice I said "Coulson. I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Finish the mission." I took the earpiece off my ear.

What are -

I heard the beginnings of his protest but the voice faded as I silently set the piece on the ground beside my foot.

I continued to stare at the stairwell.

Go.

I took a deep breath and began to descend. The hallways were much smaller now. The stone walls were now much thicker, probably built to support the building above it. There were fewer lights, and thick cables ran along the bases of the walls. This is probably what makes the base run.

I continued to weave my way through the passages. I didn't really have to think about where I was going at all. Somehow I just knew which turn to take. Maybe it was instinct. Maybe it was something else. 

Suddenly I stopped. Everything in my body told me not to move. I looked around. This was a bit wider of a space; it had a single stone pillar in the middle, supporting it. The cables and wires intertwined and covered most of the floor edges. 

Then I felt something. Imaginary Audience. The feeling that you are not alone or someone is watching you. I had never known that word before now. Probably because I never learned it, but Dr. Snow probably did. But I couldn't ignore the feeling.