Neverland

He looked at me, his eyes wild and bewildered, and yet still sprawled out on the ground.

I shook my head.

"Probably not, but that's understandable," I whispered.

He looked around and attempted to sit up straighter.

"Right," I continued. "Time to get you out of here." I reached back for his handcuff like I had done before he woken up, because if I was going to get anywhere with this, I'd have to tackle that problem first.

But as I reached, he shrunk back nervously, probably out of reflex. I could hear his shaky breathing inside the cell.

I slowly reached back my hand, readjusting my pose, taking a more comfortable kneeling position. I leaned forward so he could hear me.

"I thought we already went through the 'you can trust me' part."

He didn't reply, just swallowed and continued to stare at me.

I sighed. "You're probably very confused right now...that's alright, I get it. But right now, I'm breaking every rule possible to make sure you get out of here alive. So all I'm asking is that you trust that I'm here to help you." I paused. "Alright?"

He looked at me and nodded.

"Alright, good." I glanced back at his handcuff. He followed my gaze.

"You wouldn't happen to have a key, would you?," his raspy voice spoke.

He actually talked to me. Maybe he does trust me, after all. "Unfortunately, no" I replied, looking closer. The metal was firm around his wrist. Dark red blood tainted the bracelet and his hand. "Maybe there's something here that can break it." I looked around.

"There's not," he replied. "Been here a while. Trust me, theres nothing in here that can help us." When I didn't respond, he spoke up again. "You don't happen to know what's going on here by any chance, would you?"

I glanced back at him. "Well, first things first, those guys, they aren't SHIELD."

He groaned slightly as he sat up fully. "I kind of put that together."

"It was those other people who were hunting you. You should be flattered. They went through a whole lot of trouble to try to get you to their base."

He huffed. "Believe it or not, there's better things to be than wanted for your power."

"Speaking of," I said. "How are you not...um..."

"Exploding in a ball of light, maliciously trying to kill people?," he said sarcastically. He pointed up. "In case you haven't noticed, there's no light in here. And I've been here for a while."

"I wasn't saying that," I replied. "I know you can't control you power. Better than most people, actually."

"You don't know anything about me," he snapped. I glared at him and his gaze softened a bit. "But anyways, those guys didn't seem to know that."

"What do you mean?"

He pointed to the empty IV bags. "Once they ran out of that stuff, they started to panic. I used it to my advantage - tried to escape. But one of the after effects of that...drug...is it - I guess it, manifests the rest of the light I have inside of me and forces it out. I knew I was going to short out again, but I couldn't contain it like I normally do. I knew if I didn't I would kill them both. But...." he trailed off.

"But what?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Stuff happened, and they knocked me out - and with that they found a better way to keep me powerless." He held up his bruised arms. "I don't think they knew that I've been out of light for 12 hours almost 2 days ago. After 12 hours I'm completely powerless anyway, but that didn't really stop them"