Hope

"What do you think?"

I looked up at Truman asking me the question.

We were sitting in his office once again, Coulson beside me. For the past forty five minutes to only thing I have done was sit here and listen to him list all the charges set against Peter.

It was nothing I hadn't heard before. Assault. Battery. Possession of a weapon. Disembarrment from authorities.

Murder.

"What do I think?", I said, sliding back in my chair and crossing my arms.

Agent Truman nodded.

"Well, not necessarily that it would matter, but I believe that a good percentage of those charges you've been listing for almost the past hour are wrongly convicted," I replied.

"How so?," he asked.

I've been planning on how to say this for a long time now. So I shouldn't screw it up right?

I took a deep breath. "I have spoken to him, as you mentioned earlier. And I do have a better insight on his intentions, and I don't think his intent is to be hostile. Realizing you have powers isn't an easy fact to cope with...I would know. I think that everything just went wrong at once and before you know it, he was being hunted. He's no different than any normal person trying to protect himself."

"He's killed people, Lucy," Truman protested.

"Can you prove that?", I responded.

Coulson and Truman looked at each other nervously. 

"Who has he killed?," I said, already knowing the answer.

Coulson folder his hands. "Well, it was classified but..."

I held up my hand. "You don't have to tell me. The whole reason you found him in the first place was because of his dead parents. I put that together already."

Coulson opened his mouth in surprise.

"Anyways, moving on," I continued. "I believe you should reopen that investigation. I have reason to think there was a third party involved...there was another person found at the scene right? Maybe you should think of the possibility that he was framed."

Truman shook his head and looked at Coulson shook his head. "Did Skye hack the server again?"

"No."

"I'm impressed," Truman said. "But you're asking us to open up a case that was closed months ago. The site has been cleaned and the bodies buried. There's not much more we can do."

"Maybe," I replied. "But there was someone who was investigating it, right?"

"Please don't tell me you're talking about Fields," Coulson said.

"Of course I'm talking about Fields," I countered. "There's still unsolved details about her interaction with Kurt Matthews, but I think she's smarter than that. I'm almost certain she knows something."

"And what makes you so certain?", Truman chimed in.

I paused. "I....I just know."

"Well, that's certainly promising," he replied.

I waved my hand. "If I can prove his innocence, he gets to go free, right?"

The agents looked at each other again. Truman shrugged. "His record would be clear. With a short time of our agents working with him to make sure he can control his power, that would most likely be our course of action. But you'd have to prove it first."