That's A First

After a few moments of disbelief, I snapped back into reality.

"Okay....", I stuttered. "Keep going. Can you find his last known location? Any places he might go?"

Skye didn't answer as her fingers flew across the keyboard and data scrolled down the screen. A few moments later she stopped.

"Supposedly he lived in Harlem, New York but if he killed his parents he must have been on the run," she said and kept clacking. "Here. It says they caught him in Hells Kitchen. That's also in New York."

My watch beeped. "5 minutes.", I said. "Any relatives, friends, any one he might go to for help?"

"It says here his mom was an only child, but his dad had a sister. Laila Park. No address, but that won't be hard to find," she replied and turned to face me. "Why is this important?"

I pursed my lips and leaned forward to scroll down on the page. I stopped when it came to the collection report and pointed. "You see? Right there, it says there were 2 other hostiles on the scene when he was captured. Two other guys attacked SHIELD agents directly."

"So he has friends?"

I shook my head. "Not likely. I think someone else is looking for him."

Skye's startled face returned to normal when my watch beeped again. "30 seconds," I said.

She quickly cleared the server and restarted the computer. She stared at the top of her laptop for a few moments, then turned to face me again. "So you think there's more than one person out there that want him. And that's why Fields sold the case. So they could find him."

I nodded. "That means we better get to him before they do. Because their plans for him aren't likely to be as kind as ours."

Skye opened her computer back up. "I'll find a background on Laila Park. If we can find her location it might help us find out where we lost him and where he went."

"I agree." Although I didn't agree with myself. If he really was enhanced, how would anyone else outside of SHIELD know it? Now that he has escaped and is on the run, who helped him? The people trying to catch him. It's possible. He could have escaped from them as well...if his power was strong enough. And all this about him killing his parents...

"Earth to Lucy."

Skye was waving her hand in front of my face. I shook my head. "Sorry. Did you find anything?"

"Yeah. Laila is a widow and lives on a small farm on the northern border of New York. It's ideal for him to run there, given its in the middle of nowhere. And he got caught last time he tried to hide in a city."

"It makes sense. He might have not considered his aunt as an option at first given his parents, but he may not have a choice now," I said. "But he won't be safe for long."

I paused.

"How are we going to explain this to Coulson?,"
I asked.

Skye pondered for a minute. "The interview! We're going to land soon and you're going to have to use your voodoo powers to try to figure out who Fields sold to. But I think it'd be of equal equivalent if you found out where the escapee was."

"They're not voodoo powers," I said.

"Non-voodoo powers then!", she said putting her fist in the air.

"Well they're voodoo enough to know you have a crush on Ward," I said walking to retrieve the file on my cot.

"Wait what?"

• ~ •

An hour or so later, I was lacing up my combat boots and slipping on my black leather jacket. My stomach felt like a bottomless pit. I still haven't really processed the situation I'm in. All this time I thought something was wrong with me. Now I'm hunting a guy named Peter with Powers. Ha. Peter Powers. Okay stop. Focus. I slipped the burner phone I always have in my pocket and started walking to the briefing section of the plane. Coulson and Skye were clustered around the table display talking quietly. Ward had his back turned to me and was putting things in a black backpack. I stood silently behind him as he placed a glock in his bag and zipped it up. He swung it over his should and began to turn but twitched as he saw me. I guess I had scared him. I'll never know now though, because his face had returned to his normal pissed off expression.

The plane began to rattle as we touched down. Skye tooled up and gave me a slight smile before turning on the mic to the lab.

"Fitzsimmons come on."

"We're coming!," I heard Fitz's voice yell from downstairs.

A few moments later Simmons appeared followed by Fitz. May came in from the cockpit.

"Alright," Coulson said. "You all go find quarters and get some rest. We just crossed 2 time zones. Lucy, come with me. We don't have time to waste with Fields. Skye, you too. You could be of help."

The rest of the team nodded and their faces were illuminated by light as May pressed the button to open the ramp. As they proceed to walk down the ramp, I stood by Skye and walked down with her. As my feet touched the landing pad, I was instantly blinded by the sunset. But it a few moments my breath was taken away by the skyline of the city. We were 20 stories up and I could see the entirety of the skyscrapers plunging upward into the sky.

"That's a first," I muttered.