Dark

I shook my head furiously. "Hold on, I'm getting a what?".

Fitz smiled giddily and set the machine down, pushing past me through the door and into the lab. "There's a lot to explain, but-"

"He doesn't know how to explain it," Simmons said, following him.

"I can explain it just fine, thank you," Fitz said as he began fiddling with the desktop computer's display.

I walked back into the lap and sat on a stool not far from Fitz's computer. Skye and Ward both leaned against one of the tables, quietly conversing.

"That doesn't mean they'll be able to understand," Simmons said, stepping beside Fitz.

"There," Fitz said. He turned the computer display around so I could see it. On it was a virtual model of a brain. It glowed with visible energy and ultraviolet waves of brain energy circulated inside of it. It was quite beautiful, actually.

"This is your brain," Fitz said.

I was surprised. "My brain?," I said pointing to myself.

"Yes," he replied, motioning to it with his hands. "The first time we scanned you. As you can see, it's very alive with activity and healthy."

He swiped thee screen with his hand, showing a new image of a brain. This one however, looked different. It had more red and orange hues to it and it was centered around a focal point in the back.

"This is your brain after the incident with Dr. Snow," Fitz said. He pointed out the slight blob of color. "This is where we get to mental impressions..."

"I'll take it from here, Fitz," Simmons butted in. "What he's trying to say is, human minds work in weird ways. If you read a book, once we finish it, there's a good chance we can't recite a lot of it. This is because our mind chooses to single out the important details and keep them in the frontal lobe memory. You still have read the book and you have memory of reading all the words but they are psychologically in the back of your mind  because your brain doesn't see them as important. The same thing goes for events in environment. The brain surveys everything that is going on but it cannot handle thinking about it all. You see it all, you hear it all, and you feel at all, but you don't process it all."

"Okay...", I said. "What does that have to do with that blob on my brain?"

"I'm getting there," she replied. "Back at the SHIELD Academy, there was a professor who believed that he could stimulate brain memorialization by using drugs and hormones. It would activate the ability to access past memories that weren't fully processed, such as one in which you were a child or just plain events or information that you couldn't recall. However, the study went nowhere and was shut down, as I said earlier."

She turned and glared at Fitz. "But someone insisted on this theory, so I'm going to tell it to you." She pointed at the color on my brain. "When you absorbed Dr. Snow's consciousness, you went through every memory she ever experienced. They flipped through your mind so fast you probably don't remember much."

I shook my head. "I don't." I don't really want to remember, either.

"The load was so over whelming that your mind created barriers to physiologically block out these memories. Now, because they aren't your own, it is likely they will disappear in time, but for the moment they are still there," she said. She paused and looked back at Fitz.

No one was saying anything.
"Alright, so I still have access to Dr. Snow's memories. What does that have to do with out case?," I asked.